X

Carb Help Please...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Help Please...

Ok so as most of you all know I'm new to this but here goes with more questions. I have 2 floats with no springing action. Do all floats need to spring up and down in the bowl? I've got them soaking in cleaner right now but not sure how to adjust the spring properly. If I push down or up on the tab nothing happens? I was going to order new floats but now that I've taken them appart not sure I need to. Is there any way to adjust the height of the pin? Sorry I don't know the actual names of all of these items. But I'm sure with help I will.

For those of you that don't know... I was leaking gas. One crack in one of my float bowls. I've ordered new seals and am ready to put the on but I think I'm also think I'm floading.

Help Please!
    Attached Files
    Ex 1989 Katana owner, he waz a BEAST!

there's not a ton of springing, but it shouldn't do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
      there's not a ton of springing, but it shouldn't do nothing.
      Meaning it's not causing my floading just need new o-rings and of course new float bowl which I am ready to put on. Why do the other two floats spring up and down?

Comment

okay, let me try to explain this:
        see that paet all the way to the left that is the float. That metal tab is what provides the spring. You adjust the float height by bending said tab. your foat heights should be 14mm give or take 1 mm. You measure the float height by measuring from the bottom of the carb to the top of the float with the carbs upside down and the float sitting there with NO pressure on it.

Comment

How to adjust the floats:
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I put it all back together tonight and am still leaking. It won't start either. What now???

Comment

Don't push down on the tab , that'll throw off the adjustment .
              They don't "spring" . When the fuel level raises the float , the needle is pushed into the inlet cutting the flow . Kinda like how a toilet float works .
              I don't know why it's still leaking . WHERE is it leaking from ? Once we know THAT , then we may know how to proceed ..... Help us help you .
              But I bet if you flooded it , you'll need new plugs , and it'd probably start MUCH easier . Until it floods again , that is .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Are you saying that the floats won't flop?
                -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Ok I understand how the floats work. Thanks, I'm sure they look ok now and measure correctly 14-15mm

New plugs? What do you mean. Stupid question not spark plugs cause I've done them.

I have new o-ring seals so thats not it.

I'm going to investigate further for where I'm leaking.

Comment

The pilot jet gets a little rubber plug over it.
                    -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Red Rocket
                      New plugs? What do you mean. Stupid question not spark plugs cause I've done them.
                      If you screwed up your plugs with a fuel problem . Yeah . You may be able to get by with taking them out and cleaning them up , though . I like to use a pocket knife to scrape away the worst of it , and a wire brush .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                        Originally posted by Red Rocket
                        If you screwed up your plugs with a fuel problem . Yeah . You may be able to get by with taking them out and cleaning them up , though . I like to use a pocket knife to scrape away the worst of it , and a wire brush .
                        Oh THOSE plugs...
                        -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X