X

Barnett clutches durability...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barnett clutches durability...

Does somebody know if performance/aftermarkets clutches such as Barnett ones last as long as the OEM one ?

Example : EBC aftermarket brakes are better for braking(more efficient) but they wear sooner than OEM brakes. Same thing for tires...

Is that the same for Barnett clutch for a Kat ?

Just asking myself if I did a error by buying Barnett kit(frictions plates/tempered steel plates and springs) for my Kat...

Thank you guys

Cheers
    Insane

I said whats good -SHE said not much
    I said guess what? -SHE said whats up
    I said i think we should hook up -SHE said uhh
    I said what? SHE said but
    I said but? why you stuck? -SHE said f**k
    I said who? -SHE said not you
    I said then who? -SHE said you know
    I know what? -YOU know who
    I said i do? -SHE said you do

no, barnett clutches don't wear out faster. They are carbon fiber or Kevlar, they last a long time.

Comment

Is the material in the clutch friction plate the same thickness as the OEM ones? Odds are, if you ride the same, you'll get the same life out of it. The problem is that most people get the race clutch and then abuse it (7k launches are a perfect example).

The only issue I have with the Barnett is the springs -- I hate the heavier clutch pull, since it's really designed for drag racing rather than urban street riding.

As for me, I went with the Suzuki OEM clutch parts when I went through mine on the previous Kat. I haven't worn through the OEM one on this Kat yet. They both operate the way I like and last long enough for my tastes.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
      X