X

Lockhart Phillips Turn Signals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockhart Phillips Turn Signals

Hi all, I just installed a pair of standard rear Lockhart Phillips Short Stalk V turn signals. The right blinker is acting up. It actually blinks twice as fast as the left signal. I’m just curious as to what may be causing this. I know it’s not the wiring because I used the OEM connections and soldered the wires together. Could it be the unit itself? I called Lockhart and they were pretty much useless. Thanks in advance.
    Alex - 03 750Kat for street, 01 DRZ400e for dirty fun stuff. Stay safe and ride well…

First thing to check is whether a blinker bulb is out -- possibly on the blinker you didn't swap out.

Are they rear or front blinkers? Normally if you get this just on one side, it's front blinkers, and you need to reverse the leads. Suzuki, in it's infinite wisdom wires the OEM front blinkers backwards. No clue why.

Hope that helps. If not, it sounds like there is a difference in resistance (or a bad resistor) in the new blinker that's high-speed flashing. Simple fix is to swap flasher units to an all-electronic model that regulates the blink speed irrelevant of loading. Search KR for details.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet

Are they rear or front blinkers? Normally if you get this just on one side, it's front blinkers, and you need to reverse the leads. Suzuki, in it's infinite wisdom wires the OEM front blinkers backwards. No clue why.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      CyberPoet
      I replaced the rears. Question, you mentioned that Suzuki reverse the leads on the front blinkers, are you saying that they connected the positive with the negative wires? In stead of going from positive to positive wire and so forth?
      Alex - 03 750Kat for street, 01 DRZ400e for dirty fun stuff. Stay safe and ride well…

Comment

Yup.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X