Just changed my air filter...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just changed my air filter...

WITH.... ONLY... 89700 KMS... OUCH!!!
    I remember inspected it with 25000km, not so bad, so I clean it.
    And since them... ops!
    Now, the bike starts better and I hope my gas mileage would be better now.
    PICSSSS!!!!

I pulled mine when I did the valve adjustment at 14,250 km last week, and it looked a little dirty on the outside... I had a new one laying around, so I decided to cut open the old one and replace it either way -- it was very dirty inside, far dirtier than I expected. Glad I changed it

Can't imagine waiting 90,000km to change it... did you cut it open to look at the inside?

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
      I pulled mine when I did the valve adjustment at 14,250 km last week, and it looked a little dirty on the outside... I had a new one laying around, so I decided to cut open the old one and replace it either way -- it was very dirty inside, far dirtier than I expected. Glad I changed it

Can't imagine waiting 90,000km to change it... did you cut it open to look at the inside?

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Nope, but it looks dirty in the outise, so inside must be super dirtyyy!!! My kat must end her days in a museum!
      PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by masrapido

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Nope, but it looks dirty in the outise, so inside must be super dirtyyy!!! My kat must end her days in a museum!
        how much did it affect your starting her up each time..is it that noticeable of a difference ? I would think so, but Im considering just replacing the filter in my kat when I get the plugs/carbs done in 2 weeks.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
          Air Filter Changehow much did it affect your starting her up each time..is it that noticeable of a difference ? I would think so, but Im considering just replacing the filter in my kat when I get the plugs/carbs done in 2 weeks.
          It's hard to say how much of the difference was because of the air filter, how much was because of the fuel filter, how much because of the plugs, how much due to the valve adjustment... The big one was the choke cable, which had been sticking for the last 10 days or so -- that made a huge difference. Those who know me know that I keep my bikes in tip-top shape all the time (or as much as possible); the only time they haven't started within a few seconds for me were when I left the headlights on and drained the battery as a result.

Just look at it as a cheap investment in reliability... I'm a firm believer that new parts every so and so often is far cheaper than the headaches of trying to diagnose a bike that won't run right and has many things that are borderline defective.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
            Originally posted by masrapido

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            how much did it affect your starting her up each time..is it that noticeable of a difference ? I would think so, but Im considering just replacing the filter in my kat when I get the plugs/carbs done in 2 weeks.

thanks
            Mine started as usual, but here we donīt have extreme weather conditions. But I would say you something in a week, when I check the gas mileage, that must be better now.
            PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X