X

Sprocket Question...yes again....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprocket Question...yes again....

Ok so I was cleaning my chain and re-adjusting it at a buddy of mine's house. We were spinning the wheel and noticed that my sprocket read 45T...wow right?? You see when I bought the bike the guy told me he went up by one not down by one??? Now I've been running on 45 for the past 8 months thinking I was running on 47T...Ok my question...Since I was riding on 45T and wanted to +3 the sprocket...now stock is 46T...should I go to 48T from where I am at or 49T from stock? I think I know the answer but wanted to get a consensus...

I'm thinking 49T from stock...
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Stock is a 45T and not a 46T. If go up to a 49T you will loose top end. I found it is better to stay with the stock size or go up no more than one. When you are doing into riding your RPM's will be up around 7 to 8 just riding around in town. I would just stay stock and drop one in the front and be done with it. You will get the desired results with the one down in the front trust me.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

The ratios vary between the models and engine sizes - stock on his 89 600 should be 14 - 46...

I'm running 14 - 45 on mine now, and quite happy with it - although the bike is a little weak while taking off at red lights. I think this has more to do with poor jetting though (bogs when giving a lot of throttle on low revs).
      - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
      X