X

factory jet kit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• factory jet kit

have any one used the Factory Pro Tuning Jet Kit Config10 for the 98-02 katana

I would say to not use it, I reccomend Ivan's Kit. Check out his thread on Mechanics 101
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Only thing about that is IVAN DOESN'T HAVE A KIT FOR US YET!!!! I think the pre 98 600 is the only bike he doesn't have a kit for yet.

I wish I had enough time to run my bike up to him before I left to Korea. I would gladly volunteer my bike for him to work on and come up with a kit for the rest of us. He already told me that he doesn't want it sitting in his shop for 6 months until I could pick it back up.

I still can't believe that nobody in the NorthEast has a pre98 600 that they will volunteer up for Ivan to work on for us.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
      who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

whats wrong with the factory jet kit so do i need to take it back

Comment

Originally posted by Court93Kat
          Only thing about that is IVAN DOESN'T HAVE A KIT FOR US YET!!!! I think the pre 98 600 is the only bike he doesn't have a kit for yet.

I wish I had enough time to run my bike up to him before I left to Korea. I would gladly volunteer my bike for him to work on and come up with a kit for the rest of us. He already told me that he doesn't want it sitting in his shop for 6 months until I could pick it back up.

I still can't believe that nobody in the NorthEast has a pre98 600 that they will volunteer up for Ivan to work on for us.
          I thought he said 98-02 600, I know Ivan doesn't have a pre98 750, I called him!!
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

Originally posted by 93katana
            whats wrong with the factory jet kit so do i need to take it back

factory is GREAT kit.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT

I thought he said 98-02 600, I know Ivan doesn't have a pre98 750, I called him!!
              Ivan, does have a pre 98 750, just not a 600.

Comment

I have a Factory kit that I'll soon install in my 88 600... (when I get all other essentials in good working order)

Just a small reminder: they changed the carbs on the 600 1990, so I guess if Ivan were to make a kit you'd better send him a 90-97 so that most people could benefit from it...
                - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

I might be wrong about the pre 98 750 kit, but I'm almost positive I remember reading the thread when he annunced it, I'll do a search of the topic and let you know.

Comment

yeah I did a seach and I can't find it. Sorry, I could have swore that I read a thread about pre 750 kit's oh, well, I hope he makes them for the pre's I'd love to get a hold of one.

Comment

OK... I have read deeper into your profile and noticed you have a 98 motor in your 93 Kat. I made my last post on the fact you have a pre-98 600 Kat. You should be able to get the Ivan kit for 98 and up and it should work properly. Unless you put your 93 carbs on the 98 motor. I do not know the differences between the two, but if people like Ivan place a year range on their product.... there must be a reason.

Now, should you take back your factory kit?? That is a decision you have to make. I have a kit in mine already, but as soon as Ivan makes one for the pre-98 600's I will be buying it.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                      who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

I've tried the K&N/DynoJet, and I've tried Ivan's, but I haven't tried the FactoryPro kits yet. I have to say Ivan's beats K&N/DynoJet's kits hands-down. Maybe one of these days I'll get around to trying a FactoryPro kit, but given the performance from Ivan's, it's unlikely.

Base the kit on the carbs -- not the bike. If you're using a post-98 carb on a pre-98 bike, get the kit for the post-98 bike.

Meanwhile, if Ivan hasn't made a kit for your bike yet -- what are you waiting for? Just drop the bike off at his shop, arrange to pick it up in a week, and you'll get a free jetkit plus tuning and dyno output graphs of before & after FOR FREE. That makes it worth the travel for anyone in that section of the country!

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
                          Originally posted by THAZKAT

Ivan, does have a pre 98 750, just not a 600.
                          well then, the last time I talked to him he said no but if he does I am calling him NOW
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          Who knows what is next?

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                            I've tried the K&N/DynoJet, and I've tried Ivan's, but I haven't tried the FactoryPro kits yet. I have to say Ivan's beats K&N/DynoJet's kits hands-down. Maybe one of these days I'll get around to trying a FactoryPro kit, but given the performance from Ivan's, it's unlikely.

Base the kit on the carbs -- not the bike. If you're using a post-98 carb on a pre-98 bike, get the kit for the post-98 bike.

Meanwhile, if Ivan hasn't made a kit for your bike yet -- what are you waiting for? Just drop the bike off at his shop, arrange to pick it up in a week, and you'll get a free jetkit plus tuning and dyno output graphs of before & after FOR FREE. That makes it worth the travel for anyone in that section of the country!

Cheers
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            You know I have that planned Cyber when I get to Ohio
                            TDA Racing/Motorsports
                            Who knows what is next?

Comment

Hey , cool ! Then I can get one , too !
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                              X