X

Air Filter Dissection

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Filter Dissection

Let me first start this by saying I'm of German descent and have always felt the need to reverse engineer a design to see if there are ways of optimizing/improving a system.

After 9800 miles, I decided to throw a new air filter in the Kat. The old filter was just begging to be cut in half to see what type of filtration method (and number of pleats) Suzuki uses in their OEM air filter. So I shake the filter first and hear what I can only describe as the "spray paint can sound". 10 minutes later, a dry rotted insect finally leaves it's final resting place (I wonder how much HP he/she robbed?).

Here is the cross-section of my air filter....can you count the pleats?

So what does your german-decent-living-in-floreeda-rootin-for-the-nawlin saints-riding-a-japanese bike think about the results of your so called reverse engineering?

Comment

Originally posted by KatCanDo
      So what does your german-decent-living-in-floreeda-rootin-for-the-nawlin saints-riding-a-japanese bike think about the results of your so called reverse engineering?
      Inconclusive results at this time pending further evaluation in harsher climate conditions like....uh...Minnesota 'ya know? You betcha.

Oh...and you forgot to add monster schwong to your hyphenated list.

Comment

Working...
      X