X

not starting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not starting

Went to start my bike this morning. Pushed start button and all I got is a clicking noise. Kind of fast click, click, click. The tachometer moved when I turned the throttle but bike did not start. I washed my bike yesterday but it started when I left the car wash. What could be my problem? Is it possible some water got somewhere it wasn't supposed to be? Thanks

sounds like a weak battery to me..my .02 anyway.

Comment

The battery is only 2 months old. I have had a connection issue before, but when that happened I had nothing (lights, horn, etc..) This morning I had all that and just got a clicking noise and no start.

Comment

Too many variables to give an answer. Get a voltmeter or test light and start diagnosing.

Comment

clicking noises usually point to the starter relay being bad, and although they are not completelly exposed i had mine stop working when i left my bike out over night (dew, plus i live in humid florida) got one off ebay ($15) and now a the starter motor spins when ignition switch is pushed. if you don't want to wait for ebay you can try messing with it (taking out wires and testing with multimeter try to drain the voltage sometimes that will get it working again. its not to big and is usually located next to the fuse box, just follow the clicking and you'll find it (right side of the bike i beleive)

Comment

Are the battery cables tight?
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

When I got home from work, I turned the key on and had no lights once again. Wiggled the positive cable around and lights came on but bike wouldn't start. After a few times messing with the cable it finally started. Someone had said a month or so ago that maybe the screw was too long and was bottoming out causing the cable to not be tight, which it was so I added a couple of washers and that seemed to fix the problem but now its back. Is it possible the cables are bad? If so, are they easy to change?

Comment

I've noticed on ATV's and bikes that some battery cables don't really tighten well on the battery studs. I would make sure that yours is taken care of. Remember that if you aren't getting good voltage to the starter, you probably are getting good voltage (current) from the alternator (generator) and your battery will be low and may cause you to go down incorrect troubleshooting paths...
                98 Integra GSR
                96 Kat 750

Don't be like me

Comment

Probably the actual connection at the battery... not the wires.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                  X