X

Motor Compatability

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Compatability

Can anyone tell me if any other motor (GSXR750/1127) would fit in my 99 750?

If so how much of a pain is it to do?

Thanks!

yes GSXR 1127 oil cooled engine will fit just fine. You need the 1127 carbs, the 1127 wiring harness the 1127 CDI, the 1127 electronics. If you want to know exactly what you need to do PM Special K, he's done it, and knows what to do better then anyone.

Comment

hey arsenic, what u think would fit in an 06 600 frame? been lookin doesnt seem like these 600 motors can really hang with a gsxr even wit the mods

Comment

a Bandit 1200 motor will.

Comment

isn't there a sticky out there on motor swaps??
          "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

yup, Special K did a nice write up on this very thing.

Comment

I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=78
                Yep, that's the one that started the whole swap project here. I started with just looking for a centerstand and a trip odometer reset stem, and ended up with a 750 swap project. Talk about spiraling out of control...

Having just lived through one, I can say it's not that difficult at all. I don't think we had any major problems along the way.

But, I will add that when you do a swap, pay close attention to the wiring harness. If you're going to swap motors, you'll want to swap CDI's too. Best to go with the harness that's matched to the CDI. BUT, when you do that, you'll either have to cannibalize your old wiring harness and splice the right connectors to the new harness; OR, you may have to get a new fuse box, gauge cluster, hardware for the rear lights and one or two other pieces of electrical hardware.

And, since you're in there pulling everything apart, there's no better time to do other upgrades, like a chain/sprocket updgrade; shock swap and jetting of your carbs (though you might want to hold off on that until you get the bike tuned to spec for the new motor) and timing advancer.

Have fun... but do yourself the favor of waiting until AFTER the riding season is over (if you're in a climate that has seasons). There's no worse feeling that having to look at a bike in pieces every day for a month while all your buddies are out carvin' twisties.
                "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Working...
                X