X

Gas Tank Cap???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Tank Cap???

How the hell do you take that little gas tank key cap of the gas tank. It seems that you just have to pull it out...but its not coming out that easy.

thanks guys,

there are hex head bolts all around the thing. Only 4 of them actually hold the cap on, the others just spin. Four hex bolts take those off and it will come out.

Comment

lol, how long have you been pulling on it?
      Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Careful , that'll make you blind .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

hehe
          Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
            there are hex head bolts all around the thing. Only 4 of them actually hold the cap on, the others just spin. Four hex bolts take those off and it will come out.
            That shocked the poop out of me... the fake screws.. just weird.
            BTW I attacked mine last weekend.. Got the grooves out with a
            file, a little sand paper and it polished up nice..

Comment

anyone else have the problem with the flap on the cap not staying shut? there's a small bb sized ball that falls into a notch to hold it open, or hold it closed. the bb in mine will no longer sit in the correct position, so i have to cram a key or screwdriver in there to set it back right before i can get it to close. if i purchase a new gas cap assembly, will it come with a new lock forcing me to carry 2 seperate keys around or what?

i always thought the loose screws were just more stripped threads i didn't know about lol

"If you ain't first, you're last..." - Ricky Bobby
              "Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

Comment

Working...
              X