X

Baffles from stock exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baffles from stock exhaust

Is it possible to just pull out the baffle from my stock pipes? Just cut them off and re weld them on so It's a little louder?

Re: Baffles from stock exhaust

Originally posted by bonstrosity
    Is it possible to just pull out the baffle from my stock pipes? Just cut them off and re weld them on so It's a little louder?
    There is no way to open the stock exhaust to remove the baffling. It is also a good way to ruin the stock exhaust. If you want them louder, get a different muffler (can) and replace your stock one.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I have read stories where people take a big screw driver, a hammer and break the welds of the baffles and then remove the baffle plates. BUT, NOT FOR KATS. I read someone doing this with a 996 super hawk. It might work with a kat, and there would be no returning to the way it was after you do this. I have also read about people drilling holes in the baffles to make the exhaust noise louder. I dont know how you would get the metal filings out of the bike. Shopvac?
      Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

Originally posted by illinoiskat
        I dont know how you would get the metal filings out of the bike. Shopvac?
        People who do this don't worry about filings and the like... They'll either get blown out or just stay in the exhaust. But, seriously, it really is a poor idea in general on any bike, IMHO -- the broken welds or drill holes invite rust, among other problems (like what happens if a baffle falls into place blocking a passage?). It's easier to just connect a properly sized straight pipe if all you want is blatent noise (which is what you get if you get all the baffles out) -- you can always go back to the stock exhaust after you change your mind a few weeks later...

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X