Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Ripped the rubber boot off back of my headlight, Now what?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripped the rubber boot off back of my headlight, Now what?

I was changing my headlight for the first time and let me tell you it was a freaking B@tch! I f-ing ripped the rubber boot off the back of the headlight, so now it is open to the elements( behind the fairing, but still vulnerable. Can i jsut order one of these from a suzuki shop? Do i really need to replace it?
    Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

you can look for it on bikebandit.com and order a replacement (expensive shipping), or look through the rubber grommets at the True Value or other hardware store down the road for one you can drill a hole in and use that for $1-$2. most stores have pull out bins full of stoppers and corks and things, and will have one with electrical box grommets in all sizes
    1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

thanks guys, do you think it would be a problem if i left it go without a cover for a while as long as i don't ride in heavy rain?
      Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Comment

yeah, it'll be fine. when you are in there you could slop some dielectric grease on the electrical connections and loosen them up. that way they don't get corroded as fast down the road
        1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

Electrical tape .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
          X