X

exhausts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhausts

whats the difference between a d & d and a vance in hines exhaust i want a nice deep loud tone

D & D is louder than V & H but I like the sound from my V&H ss2r better.A better tone I think. Just my opinion though
    If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

yeah the D&D is crazy loud. The vance and hines ssr-2 is the best way to go.

Comment

I heard a vance and hines w/out the baffel, that was pretty loud. Go w/ vh if you wante it louder just take the baffle out.

Comment

yeah, i was thinking between the d&d and the vh supersport but i still want to be able to hear when in 40, which one gives you better performance with a jet kit

Comment

you will need to jet your carbs no matter which one you choose
            If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

I'll go against the grain here alittle bit. The d&d rocks! I love it. It SCREAMS when your rev the rpms!!

Comment

You will only need to re-jet if you are getting the full exhaust (header and slip-on)

The Vance has a nice deep tone. Kinda rumbles. The D&D rumbles at idle, and under 4K rpm. After that, it just starts to scream.

I heard a muzzy can today on a Kawi 636, and I kinda liked the tone on that. I may be giving them a try if I go to a dual exhaust set up.
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

which one is better for performance

Comment

well, the vance and hines supersport is okay, but the ss2-r is way better. If you are serious about upgrading your system, I'd go that route. It's only like 100 bucks more than the supersport and it looks and performs better in my opion. It's still cheaper than the D&D full system.

Comment

i had a D&D on my kat, and it was awsome. had a nice tone to it when i was about 4grand.... then after that, just about everybody could hear it....a great pipe, i think. and for the money of a slip on, you can't beat it.
                      if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

i've had both i just sold my D&D the sound of it is equal to taking your midpipe and muffler off the header and running your bike i actually did it it sounded the same before that i had a V&H supersport not as loud as the D&D but sounded way tinny ear piercing at high speed now i have a V&H SS2R and i am in love with my bike again the sound is perfect not to loud not stock quiet combined with the dynojet stage 1 and a carb resync and cleaning i find this to be the best combo to me personally

edit: in my opinion the only exhaust that the D&D has a nice deep tone to it from those that i have heard are v-twin sport bikes

Comment

I like the stock sound. Had a Vance and Hines and it was too loud. Oil changes are much easier with stuck also.
                          1989 Suzuki Katana 750

Comment

yeah thanks every one i think ill get the d&d full sytem

Comment

With a D&D you won't have a problem being heard. A buddy of mine has one on his CBR 600 and it screams. I have a V&H SS2R slip-on and I'm ok with it. Deeper sound and somewhat loud. It's just a matter of personal choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X