X

What is rubber tube with stopper for?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is rubber tube with stopper for?

I changed cam shafts on my bike and I have a rubber tube with a cap on the end of it. I am not sure where this tube goes to. Thanks Illinoiskat
    Is Effingham a swear word?

uhm....could you tell us maybe where it connects too or where you found it? It sounds like the oil drain line from the airbox....the tube from the cylinder cover goes to the airbox for any blow-by and the air box has a drain tube with the little "cap" on the bottom that is really a screened vent.

That's my first guess with no more info.
    Squidbusters.com Admin

Comment

is it a crank case breather?

www.vwvortex.com
      I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
      Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

Originally posted by DJHowie
        is it a crank case breather?
        That would be my guess. Does it attach to a little square box on top of the engine?
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

I looked it up in the manual, go figure what a night of sleep wil do, it is for the air box. I wrestled for atleast an hour trying to get the air box on in 20 degree weather and must have knocked it off.
          Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

Originally posted by illinoiskat
            I looked it up in the manual, go figure what a night of sleep wil do, it is for the air box. I wrestled for atleast an hour trying to get the air box on in 20 degree weather and must have knocked it off.
            On a 98+, the easy way to get it back on is to remove the heel kick plate and reach in to the underside of the airbox.

KNOW THIS:
            The easy way to reinstall the Airbox & stacks is to put the combination on the bike (lining up the stacks to the carbs), then mount the airbox. Doing so forces the stacks forward against the carbs, holding them there with pressure while you tighten them down -- far easier than trying to get the stacks lined up and tightened down before bolting down the airbox.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
            X