X

Bet you can't help me! HOPE I'M WRONG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bet you can't help me! HOPE I'M WRONG

recently had a problem with my carb. Nedd to set the fuel air mix screws yet can't find out what they need to be set at. It will just barely idle's but only if I set the idle screw just right, but when I rev it a little it hesitates a little sometimes it won't even come back down to idle rigth away i think that i have them set way to rich. Any takers?

probably should mention that it is a 1993 600 so that ypu don't have to keep looking at my profile.

Comment

it's really important to know what jet kit you have and what air filter your running, when was the last time you hjad the carbs cleaned?

Comment

and I doubt you have the A/F screws set wrong your probably still going to have that problem when you get them set right, sounds like you have a blocked pilot circuit, or a slide is in backwards

Comment

Or it's just that your throttle cable is too tight.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

When you blip the throttle, if it hangs up before going back to "normal" then its a sign its running lean.
            Who brought the retarded kid?

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
              and I doubt you have the A/F screws set wrong your probably still going to have that problem when you get them set right, sounds like you have a blocked pilot circuit, or a slide is in backwards
              I don't think you can put the slides in backwards....

I've got my kat 600 set at 2 1/4" turns right now. I'll probably back it off another 1/4" turn next time I have the carbs apart...
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

2 1/2 turns out is perfect and you CAN put a slide in backwards I've done it

Comment

2 1/2 turns out is perfect and you CAN put a slide in backwards I've done it
                  What drugs were you on at the time????

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

not quite sure, I think I was just going real fast.

Comment

If you're SURE you need to tweak the pilots , here's a method I devised not too long ago ....
                      Idle chop (similar to plug chop for reference ):
                      Ride bike until up to temp , then when you get home , let it idle a couple minutes , no blipping . Once cool , pull plugs . This SHOULD tell you how the idle circuit is running . Adjust pilot screws accordingly . They actually usually seem to want different openings at each cylinder . When I had mine looking NEAR perfect , I had one carb set at maybe almost 4 turns out ( wasn't keeping track , just kept going until it looked right) , and another at just over 2 . But the plugs looked right after I did it , so I know it was good .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

not quite sure, I think I was just going real fast.
                        Dude, I looked at my slides last time you said that... and on a pre98, and all years of bandit carbs... it's impossible to put the slide in backwards.
                        -Steve

sigpic

Comment

no it's not, I've done it on an 89 600. By impossible how do you mean it's impossible?

Comment

You could only put them in backwards if it's model 3 or model K.

So... that would be '88 and '89? Looks like they changed the slides in '90.

So.... it's impossible for the vast majority of people... which apparantly doesn't include you.
                            -Steve

sigpic

Comment

no, I put them backwards on an 89, so I'm not nuts, it is possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X