X

Header and Back Pressure Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Header and Back Pressure Question

So I seen on Ebay the other day, a 93 Gixxer Header, with a dual exhaust outlet. I have been wanting a dual exhaust on my Kat for a while, just to be different than the majority. It is off a 1100, and it just so happens, my engine is a 1100. Corey seems to think that I will not get enough backpressure, and burn up my valves. I seem to think that since this is the stock exhaust off the gixxer 1100, that it should be fine. I will be going up to a stage 3 jet kit and running pods as well.

Any info or insight????
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Shut up Lou.
    PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
    The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

well, the engine changed over to water cooled in 93, so other things may have changed. I couldn't tell you for sure if that will provide the right back pressure, but I'm sure it's not much of a difference. BTW if you wanted dual exhaust what the heck did you buy my headers for? BTW do they fit?

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
        well, the engine changed over to water cooled in 93, so other things may have changed. I couldn't tell you for sure if that will provide the right back pressure, but I'm sure it's not much of a difference. BTW if you wanted dual exhaust what the heck did you buy my headers for? BTW do they fit?
        I wasn't sure how to do the dual exhaust at the time. Then I seen another member here with it on his kat, and got the info from him.

I'll stick with the single side exhaust for a while until I figure all the technicalities out.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
        X