X

Bike sounds different...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike sounds different...

I hadn't ridden the bike in about 5 days but this past Tuesday I decided to take it out for a spin, but I noticed that it sounded muffled. I have a Yoshi exhaust and normally its got a real sharp and crisp sound to it. I took it out for a spin yesterday and it still had a muffled sound to it. I haven't noticed a change in performance, just in the way it sounds. Anyone know what might have caused this change?

Should I drain the air box, could that be the problem?
    Jealousy Is Natural

Did you check for critters in the exhaust?

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Water in the exhaust can cause that sound change. Once the engine boils out all the water, it should sound like it used to again.
      The other possibility is that the batting material in the exhaust got broken and needs to be replaced (normally every other year or so with aftermarket exhausts).

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Ah ok, thanks cyber. So, how do I go about replacing the batting? I'm sure its probably in need of being replaced, even if it isn't the cause of the sound change.
        Jealousy Is Natural

Comment

Please recheck the URL for the proper spelling. Or use our search box at the top of this page to find what you're looking for.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

You're SURE you ain't maybe dropping a cylinder a bit ? Anytime mine sounds different , that's why . I can't see the sound just changing like that overnight ....
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

hmm, well if it was dropping a cylinder wouldn't there be a huge performace drop? I mean, it could be it I guess, you can never rule it out. But how would I check it?
              Jealousy Is Natural

Comment

You'd know. Period. Acceleration would suffer massively, you'd hear detonations in the exhaust system, etc.

Has it cleared up yet?

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

It still sounded the same yesterday, I havn't ridden it today, but I'm about to go for a ride on it. When I get back I'll let ya know if it still sounds different.
                  Jealousy Is Natural

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                    I can't see the sound just changing like that overnight ....

it was a week.....

Comment

Well, it still sounded the same today, so it has to be the batting, i'll have to order the kit monday I reckon, cause i don't like the way it sounds right now.
                      Jealousy Is Natural

Comment

Working...
                      X