X

Need Carb help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Carb help

My 94 750 which I just changed Transmission on and got running, is hesitating, has rough idol, and backfires when I get on it hard, and back off. Don't know if it is carbs out of synch or what.

Please help...
    Attached Files

clean and sync carbs. Maybe adjust your fuel to air mixture. Possibly adjust valves.

Comment

Re: Need Carb help

Originally posted by Daves94750
      My 94 750 which I just changed Transmission on and got running, is hesitating, has rough idol, and backfires when I get on it hard, and back off. Don't know if it is carbs out of synch or what.

Please help...
      If what you are calling backfires are coming out of the exhaust when you get off it, it means the carbs are too lean in the idle circuit. This and the other symptoms you describe can be attributed to rust or dirt in the jets. Disassemble your carbs and clean them thoroughly (if you find an orange paste, it's rust from the gas tank). Replace your fuel filter if it has any signs of dirt or rust. Check your gas tank for rust. If this doesn't cure it, then turn up the pilot screws on the carbs by 1/4 turn and see if that cures the lean condition.

Good Luck!
      =-= The Cyberpoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
        X