Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Need advice on a can for a kat 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need advice on a can for a kat 750

    Just got a '92 750 kat.
    The nexxus does the job, but don't soud too good.
    Been surfing UK web pages to no avail. Can anyone tell me where to get a reasonably priced, great sounding can for my bike?
    Bearing in mind I'll have to pay shipping to the UK????
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"

  • #2
    Normally I would send you to SpecialK, but alas, he has a slip & fall and broke his collarbone yesterday, so he'll be down for a few weeks. While I can point you at sellers, I don't know which of them support internation shipping.

    KNOW THIS:
    Shipping rates from the US to continental Europe aren't all that expensive for anything that measures less than 108 inches (length + girth). You can look up the shipping rates at www.usps.com

    Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by The CyberPoet
      Normally I would send you to SpecialK, but alas, he has a slip & fall and broke his collarbone yesterday, so he'll be down for a few weeks. While I can point you at sellers, I don't know which of them support internation shipping.

      KNOW THIS:
      Shipping rates from the US to continental Europe aren't all that expensive for anything that measures less than 108 inches (length + girth). You can look up the shipping rates at www.usps.com

      Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet

      Cheers, nice to know. I'll shop with 108" in mind, at least we still know what an inch is, not like europe!
      "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"

      Comment


      • #4
        Jerdine Makes a full header and piper for about $389

        Comment


        • #5
          Are you looking at a full exhaust or just a slip on? You can get pretty much any exhaust slip on for a katana, and then go to a muffler shop and have them bend you a mid pipe so it will mount proper. When I get home, I'll post a link that has a ton of exhausts. I am sure you could find one there as well.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by techtown
            Jerdine Makes a full header and piper for about $389
            It's Jardine. And their stock pipes rust very badly, very quickly... Figure that would $389 plus $130 to get them jet-coated right away. Cheaper to buy good quality SS pipes to begin with.

            Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

            Comment


            • #7
              Guys,
              and the 'poet' who I understand deserves respect; cheers for the posts.
              I have managed to grab a stainless scorpion race can and link pipe to fit, with a little 'adjustment' sounds good, and cost me 90 of ebay.
              It appears that most cans and links made to fit a bandit 6 will lend themselves to a katana 750, with a bit of bracket bending/manufacture.
              Thanks for all your help, I will now go and annoy my neighbours with my offensively loud pipe. RAAAAAWWWRRRR!
              Nikko.
              "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"

              Comment


              • #8
                I've ended up with a scorpion straght through race can, souded fantastic!
                But typically, when it was all coming together, my gearbox fell out 110 miles from home. bummer.
                got a new lump, and I guess I'll rebuild the old geabox, cos I don't know how many miles this new lump has done.
                Can anyone give me a link to someone who does gears and shafts?????
                "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Get hold of special K. he has the parts to fix it. He is home with a broken collar bone.
                  www.mopowersports.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Nikko
                    But typically, when it was all coming together, my gearbox fell out 110 miles from home. bummer.
                    got a new lump, and I guess I'll rebuild the old geabox, cos I don't know how many miles this new lump has done.
                    Can anyone give me a link to someone who does gears and shafts?????
                    If you are into getting knee-deep in the engine and tranny, get the OEM parts from Suzuki. Know it's going to be a 12 to 20 work-hour job if you run into no problems (which never happens). Figure the parts will probably cost you 200 to 400 UK pounds with VAT from your local Suzuki stealership. If you have the cash, it's a good time to rebore the engine and install a Wise-Co upgrade (which increases both the displacement and the compression ratios to give you significantly increased power output -- much more power than the cc change alone would indicate).

                    On the other hand, if you're not into ripping apart everything and renewing the bad parts, the traditional way to go is to find someone who has wrecked their Kat and buy their engine-tranny combo and simply do a switch. Since you have to pass MoT, you probably can't get away with slipping a larger engine into the same frame, but if you can, then the Bandit 1100 engines will fit Much less time consuming, far less likely to induce nightmares, and if you can find a newbie rider who wrecked a recent example, you can have a very young engine/tranny for (at least in the USA) under $1k -- I don't know what they fetch in the UK.

                    Cheers and good luck!
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X