X

gsx1100 stripped oil plug

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gsx1100 stripped oil plug

can anyone tell me a fix for a stripped oil plug?

1988 gsx1100 fj katana

if you stripped just the plug you need a new plug. If you stripped the pan, which you probably did, you need a new pan.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
      if you stripped just the plug you need a new plug. If you stripped the pan, which you probably did, you need a new pan.
      just got the bike, was changing oil before I start riding it and the oil pan was stripped out, it already had a 1/2-20 triple oversized plug in it, local auto parts store hooked me up with a fitting that is self tapping and has a plug in it. So far so good , no leaks! Before you all shout at once , I rinsed the pan out with fresh oil before installing the plug and filling with oil, got no slivers out at all, apparently this fitting rolls the new threads in not cuts. If it starts to drip , i guess it's new pan time, can you still get them or are they all used like all other parts for the 1100.

Comment

right here.

Comment

http://www.ronayers.com/BrowseParts.cfm?product_id=11511-19C00
          right here.
          Thanks, I have bookmarked the site and am checking out all the goodies now.

Comment

Hey, I just noticed your in Alton IL, I think I've heard of that I'm in Aurora.

Comment

Hey, I just noticed your in Alton IL, I think I've heard of that I'm in Aurora.
              Yep, Alton here, where is Aurora? I know I have heard of it, Alton is right across the river from St.Louis Mo..

Comment

Aurora is 40 miles west of Chicago

Comment

If I ever get mine on the road and decide I like cruising on it, maybe we could meet up some weekend and go for a ride, any cruises coming up around us that you know of? I don't think I'll like the kneedraggin thing, probably just cruising.

Comment

well buddy, I can't ride. I got hurt really bad in a motorcycle accident on 5/22/05. Check out my website for more details http://www.freewebs.com/arsenic1016/

Comment

well buddy, I can't ride. I got hurt really bad in a motorcycle accident on 5/22/05. Check out my website for more details http://www.freewebs.com/arsenic1016/
                      I am sorry to hear of your accident, but am very happy for you that you still love motorcycles and are able to work on them as it seems this is what keeps you going. They say everything happens for a reason and I choose to believe this statement. I don't know what the reason could be in your case, but I am sure that there must be one. I am sure that you have helped many people out on this forum with your knowledge of suzuki motorcycles. Maybe when I get my bike running and trust it to ride for a distance I might just come visit and check out this 600 you're building. What are you gonna do with it when you get it done? Show it, sell it.......I don't think I could sell something I put that much time and effort into.
                      Anyway, it is nice to have met you. Will talk to ya later!

Comment

I'm going to enter it in a few shows, win those and then sell it. I wouldn't be to concerned about selling something I put so much time in, I'll do another bike as soon as this ones done. The Katana really is the perfect bike to do this on. In order for Suzuki to fit it in the cost bracket they wanted, they cut a lot of corners. I can rectify all the corners they cut, If I was doing this on a GSXR 1000, good luck finding something Suzuki left out. I might do a Bandit next.

Comment

Working...
                        X