X

Changing Oil Filter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Oil Filter

I am a reformed cruiser owner who just purchased a 1990 600. Is there a simple way to change the oil filter? On the cruiser this was a simple swap, hopefully someone can tell me how to make it easy on this bike?

Oil change how to
    Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
    - Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks so much. The pictures were great and easy to follow. I hate paying someone else to do a job I can do myself.

Comment

Bingo... this oil change shouldn't cost more than $30 - $40 including all parts, starting from scratch. A member here The CyberPoet sells filters and filter wrenches really cheap. Look him up and PM him, you'll end up saving a good chunk of change there. I usually stock up on 3-4 filters at a time.
        Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
        - Albert Einstein

Comment

Also, you should invest in the Fumoto oil valve and make it that much easier.
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Working...
          X