X

mirror bolts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mirror bolts

after being to home depot 4 times with no sucess im about ready to kill some one or thing... wil lsome one please tell me the size of the 4 bolts that hold the mirrors on

Re: mirror bolts

Originally posted by drkramm
    after being to home depot 4 times with no sucess im about ready to kill some one or thing... wil lsome one please tell me the size of the 4 bolts that hold the mirrors on
    I think they are 6mm.
    See if you can find a mom & pop ACE hardware in your area and go visit them; they usually carry large bins of every bolt known to man, including exactly the matching bolt to the original application.

Or visit your dealer and ask for Suzuki part number 07130-06163 (for the 98+ Kats).

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
      I think they are 6mm.
      See if you can find a mom & pop ACE hardware in your area and go visit them; they usually carry large bins of every bolt known to man, including exactly the matching bolt to the original application.

Or visit your dealer and ask for Suzuki part number 07130-06163 (for the 98+ Kats).

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      are they the same as the pre 98 ?

Comment

are they the same as the pre 98 ?
        No. They might be the same 6mm, but they aren't the same length or design. There's a part number for the pre-98's as well, but I don't have it handy. Like I said, find a mom & pop Ace hardware (or other small hardware store) and try them.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

That is ok if you put stock mirrors from Suzuki but if you bought the aftermarket mirrors, EMGO, they need longer bolts...at least for a pre98 Katana...I had the stock ones dropped the bike and had to replace the mirror..bought 2 mirrors and luckly for me I have a Hilco Fastener Warehouse locally...
          Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

They are LONG bolts , like 4" or something . The "standard" equivilant is 1/4 20 , so whatever the metric thred size is that's close to that . Sorry , don't remember exactly . Do you have one of the bolts you could just take to the hardware store with you ? That'd be easiest .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

whats the best kind of loctite to use on mirror bolts? Im putting new mirrors in the Vmax and need to find the right stuff
              Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaO215
                whats the best kind of loctite to use on mirror bolts? Im putting new mirrors in the Vmax and need to find the right stuff
                None or 4202 (blue standard anti-vibration loctite).

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                  They are LONG bolts , like 4" or something . The "standard" equivilant is 1/4 20 , so whatever the metric thred size is that's close to that . Sorry , don't remember exactly . Do you have one of the bolts you could just take to the hardware store with you ? That'd be easiest .
                  yea 6mmx76mm worked great

but yea like i siad in the post no hardwear sote had anything close thankfully my step dad is a hydrolics enginere and has every bolt ever made at work lol

Comment

So you sorted it out then ?
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                    X