X

Adjusting the headlights???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting the headlights???

I got a 2002 Kat 600 and I raised the tail with new dogbones. I rode this weekend and as soon as it got dark I noticed how low my headlights where pointing.

Anyone know how to raise them so I can see more than 3 feet in front of me???

And by the way I changed my oil with Castrol GPS and put the Diablos on and the bike feels 1000 times better. Thanks Cyber!!!
    DON'T HATE THE PLAYA, HATE THE GAME!!

I am not sure about your kat, but on mine you have to take off the upper fairing and you will see 4 bolts holding the headlight. The 2 lower ones have a slot where you can tilt the headlight up or down. If yours is like that, just loosen all 4 bolts and tilt it up...then retighten.
    Mine is pointed up as far as it can go and I wish it could go further still. Depending on how high you raised it, I don't think you will be able to adjust it enough to be satisfied. There is very little adjustment.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

My Kats stripped right now, I'll go look at the lights and let you know. There is some knobs on the back that may be for adjustment.

Tilt them up and put some brighter bulbs in for a double improvement.
      Kyle

Comment

On the 98+ you don't need to remove the fairings. The owner's manual covers how to adjust them -- there's two knobs for each headlight; one moves it up/down, the other left/right. Just flop the wheel all the way to one side to get at the knobs for the other side. Aim, ride, reaim, ride. Helps to have a wall or something similar to point at for the first adjustment. Trying to find the magic point between low-beams too close in and high-beams pointing other than skyward can take several tries.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

You are the man as always Cyber!! Thanks for the help. Like you said "aim, ride" repeat!! Now I can actually see more then 3 feet in front of me.
          DON'T HATE THE PLAYA, HATE THE GAME!!

Comment

And don't forget, you have to be on the bike to get the "Fine" adjustment, as your weight will effect the beam location.
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
            X