X

worn sprocket

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worn sprocket

I changed the chain and front sprocket on the ninja over the weekend and when I pulled off the sprocket one side was worn pretty baddoes anyone know what would cause this?

PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
    The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

If it was only one side maybe it was slightly out of alignment with the rear sprocket and the chain was catching/rubbing on one side. check the chain to see if one side is worn more too.
    Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
      If it was only one side maybe it was slightly out of alignment with the rear sprocket and the chain was catching/rubbing on one side. check the chain to see if one side is worn more too.
      +1

tim

Comment

I think the Chain could wear down the sprocket.....

And before you say it...

I know, I know. You HATE Me.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

I am going to say it anyway

I hate Lou
          PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
          The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

I see a couple issues:

1. The teeth are waved, i.e. bent over some at the tips. This happens when the chain is too stretched between links, so only the last tooth or two on the sprocket is taking all the load.

2. The wear on the inside -- but then again, it may have been machined like that at the factory (doubtful, but possible). Uneven chain path, misaligned rear wheel or rear sprocket, or non-stock sprocket cush putting it further out/in than it should be (or rear cush putting the rear sprocket in/out further than should be).

I thinks you probably need to change the chain & the rear sprocket as well if you haven't already.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
            X