Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Where cana I get a chain and sprocket set?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where cana I get a chain and sprocket set?

I want to get one where I can pick whish sprockets I get.

Yes I'm an American, yes I have guns, and yes I won't hesitate to use them to protect my family, my property, and myself

buy them separate

Comment

qualitysmart.com, it's vortex sprockets distributer you can pick what size sprockets you want, and it comes with a quality chain of your choosing.

Comment

And after I emailed them guys about it , they said they'd bring back the black annondised option . I'll HAVE to get one of them next time .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
          qualitysmart.com, it's vortex sprockets distributer you can pick what size sprockets you want, and it comes with a quality chain of your choosing.
          Holy crap! It's $210 for a chain through that site. And it's the only chain they offer as an option when choosing sprockets. No thanks.

Bikebandit.com sells the OEM sizes for sprockets and chains. They're Vortex prockets and RK chains.
          Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
          -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
          -Terence

Comment

Yeah , but try to find a 50T sprocket somewhere ELSE .

Comment

That's true. QualitySmart is the only place I've seen so far. And the price isn't bad for a sprocket set. Just find a chain somewhere else.
              Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
              -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
              -Terence

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                Sidewinder sprockets
                Sunstar sprockets
                etc.

There are a lot of places that will even make sprockets-on-demand.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

go on ebay and look this Item number: 160129412709 up! if your lookin for a 520 conversion set! they are vortex sprockets and rk chain! $150

Comment

Originally posted by hurlburt
                    go on ebay and look this Item number: 160129412709 up! if your lookin for a 520 conversion set! they are vortex sprockets and rk chain! $150
                    What is a 520 conversion?

Yes I'm an American, yes I have guns, and yes I won't hesitate to use them to protect my family, my property, and myself

Comment

Here is where I got my Vortex sprockets from with the upgraded 530 chain for $20.00 more, and, you pick how many teeth you want on your sprockets. Total cost with XSO530 chain 159.00 plus shipping.

I would rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6.

It doesn't matter what they say about you as long as they spell your name right.

Comment

Originally posted by Intermision
                        What is a 520 conversion?
                        Motorcycle chains & sprockets come in industry standard sizes. These sizes specify the distance from sideplate-to-sideplate across and from roller-to-roller lengthwise The standard size for the Katana (and most bikes between 35 and 60 lb-ft of torque, and between 60 and 100 HP) is 530.

A 520 is a lighter, smaller standard that is commonly used for 200 to 500cc engines with lower power outputs than the Kat. It is sometimes used on larger bikes when the lifespan isn't nearly as critical as the weight savings (such as in racing applications, where chains need to only last a few qualifying laps and a race).

Other common, and some more uncommon sizes are:
                        525 - an oddity, usually only found on some 500cc bikes.
                        532 - another oddity, it was OEM on the late 80's/early 90's Kat 1100's.
                        630 - normally reserved for very powerful motorcycles, especially torque-rich monsters like the Busa and the ZX-14.

On the other end of the spectrum are tiny chains, such as:
                        420 - normally used for very small engined bikes, such as 50 to 125cc applications. Also regularly used in some bicycling applications.
                        425 & 430 - 125 to 400cc low-torque output uses, such as Chinese putt-putts.

Then there are two basic types of chains - sealed and unsealed. You definitely want sealed (X-ring, O-ring, W-ring, etc); unsealed won't last long and requires about five times the maintenance to get any good distance out of it before failure.

For everything you wanted to know about chains, see my webpage: Everything you wanted to know about motorcycle chain wear and maintenance.

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

yeah, Sidewinder sprockets are awesome, I have one, but they aren't cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                            Originally posted by md86
                            Sidewinder sprockets
                            Sunstar sprockets
                            etc.

There are a lot of places that will even make sprockets-on-demand.

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Well , I checked quite a few places , and most said they could GET them , but it'd take longer and cost more . these guys had them on hand and cheaper . They're on my "they's good people" list now .

Comment

Here is where I got my Vortex sprockets from with the upgraded 530 chain for $20.00 more, and, you pick how many teeth you want on your sprockets. Total cost with XSO530 chain 159.00 plus shipping.

http://www.pitposse.com/vorkcokit.html

I'm going to change the chain and sprocket over the winter. Came upon this thread and $180 sounded okay for the chain/sprocket set, but than I read this in item description:

"All XSO chains are clip type & GXW are rivet type"

I think I read on here that you want the rivet type chain or else you risk the clips failing and bye-bye chain? Because it's an additional $70 for the GXW rivet type, as opposed to an additional $20 for the XSO clip type.

Anybody try this set out?

Thanks.
                              The Armor of God - Never leave home without it!

Comment

Working...
                              X