X

battery dead?????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery dead?????

ok this is weird i just posted in the thread about the cooling fan coming on and draining peopels battery and about how mine has NEVER Given me any problem. Well i dont think thats the problem now , but yesterday i bought some new levers and when i put on the clutch lever is was a tight fit and i had to grind down some of the lever then it worked. 4hours later i came out to bike to ride and battery was dead.It wouldnt even turn over. After 5mins i realized what happend was the lever wasnt notched and wasnt activating the clutch safety switch. My question is could the lever have been grounding the switch while bike is off or someting to drain battery? Thats the only thing i did yesterday and like i said the whole fan thing never did anything. I put old lever back on but gotta charge battery now.
    " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

clutch switch should not drain battery.

Your not turning the key all the way to the left and activating the parking light are you?

Comment

or if the brake lever had a similar issue as the clutch lever and needs grinded down alittle bit, it would leave the brake light activated if it doesnt seat properly.

Comment

When you get it all figured out purchase a Battery Tender. It's worth every penny.

Comment

The parking light does not drain the battery that quick.....if it was full to begin with. I worked at a place in nights and I often left my parking lights on when I parked in the car lots cause I never trusted the cagers to look and then barge into a lot. I have left the light on for more than 4 hours.....did not cause any problems for me.

Alos like someone said...buy a battery tender......it IS WORTH THE DOLLAR

Comment

Re: battery dead?????

Originally posted by Badkitty
            ...After 5mins i realized what happend was the lever wasnt notched and wasnt activating the clutch safety switch. My question is could the lever have been grounding the switch while bike is off or someting to drain battery? Thats the only thing i did yesterday and like i said the whole fan thing never did anything. I put old lever back on but gotta charge battery now.
            Are you sure the battery was dead? Did the lights come on?
            Normally, not engaging the clutch safety switch will keep the bike from turning over, irrelevant of the battery condition -- and your battery might have been fine. Either way, the two issues are totally unrelated if you battery was actually dead.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

parking light NOT left on ..cause me and friend were stnading anound it and sitting on it. I would have noticed.

well 12hours later i charged battery with original clutch handle on and battery is fine.

It HAS to be that the safety switch draws some power while activated and since other handle wasnt slotted and was touching the contact it was on. Thats the only thing that was touched the whole day.
              " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

I hope it all works out for you. I don't feel that your issue is a parking light or the clutch switch. How old is your battery? when was the last time you filled the battery? was the key on for a long period of time while you were wrenching on the levers? just a few questions for your mind to ponder.
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

battery is 7months old like the entire bike. Bought it new. Never had any problems with it at all. I did not even have the key in the ignition while changing levers. But since yesterday when i charged battery it still starts find like it always has. Well whatever it is dont matter now. Im just going to get a lever MADE for my bike.

Comment

Kewl, glad to hear it worked out and keep on riding.
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I told you kitty. J/K Just get the tender it is so worth it.
                      2003 gsx600f (the yellow one)
                      vortex sprockets,D&D slip on,c/f led lights
                      JIM's cowl, mesh, clearalt's ds signal, zero gravity ds screen

Comment

do i gotta hook that thing up everytime im not riding ?? cause i ride every single day unless its rain.

Comment

Its real easy to hook up. Take off the seat, and clip the red clip on the positive, and the black clip on the negative. Thats it.
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Badkitty
                            do i gotta hook that thing up everytime im not riding ?? cause i ride every single day unless its rain.
                            They make a model called a Battery Tender Waterproof 800. Ideal. It can be left out in the rain and still works even if dropped in a bucket of water. Get it.

Cheers
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Unless you're in a cold climate all the time, you shouldnt have to hook it up every nite, to be able to start the next morning. If so, then your stator might be an issue. Once a battery is drained fully, its not quite the same, as good as it was b/4. But will still function ok, but repeated draining isnt good.

Comment

Working...
                              X