Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

1993 Katana help; Carbs, Headlights, and Fuel tank!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Katana help; Carbs, Headlights, and Fuel tank!

Here is a couple of questions.

1. Fuse KEEPS blowing everytime I change it on my headlight. Tried a 15, 20, 25, and a 30 amp fuse, all blow. Anyone know what size it should be?

2. Why would my bikes fuel tank be growing holes in it? The tank is 5 years old and has about 6 tiny pin holes in it. It is NOT in the weld either. They just pop up randomly, I fix them and 2 more will pop up? Confused!

3. I cleaned the carbs out COMPLETLY and reinstalled them. Thing still will not crank unless the choke is all the way on and I still have to spray starter fluid in there. When I roll it off down the hill at my house, it cranks right up and runs fine. MORE CONFUSED.

Thanks guys for being so helpful, you guys rock! Anyone around the NorthEast Georgia area with a bike club or a group of riders, hook me up!!!

Where ever your going, when you get there, there you will be!

Well ......
    Not sure on the fuse size , but if it keeps blowing , you got a short . Gotta find it ...
    Pinholes are from rust . Also explains why you can't get it started . You got rust getting into your carbs clogging them up .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

MD's spot on on the possible short, If its blowing a 30, you got a pinched wire, bad switch, Something. Theres definately a problem in denmark.

As for your gas tank issues. I do note one comment you've made. "They just pop up randomly, I FIX them and 2 more will pop up"

I, unfortunately work with gas. This new Ethanol is terrible. When you say you "Fix them" I want to ask with what? Are you using a tank coating inside tha gas tank? Reason I ask this is the new <cough> blended gas eats away a lot of the grime in the tanks in the ground and continues to eat anything in your tank. The stations have filters to capture small stuff coming out of their tanks. I've heard of some of these recoats are being affected. Which might be the reason for your 3rd problem with the bikes running performance.

Just a thought.
      If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
      Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2it
        Theres definately a problem in denmark.

he's in GA

Comment

Originally posted by 87vert

he's in GA

Hamlet...

Comment

Make sure you have the right sized lamp in your bike. If your running a 110/55 vs a 65/55 (I think, I may have the numbers in the wrong spot) it will cause your wires to overheat and short. I know this from personal experience. I kept blowing fuses left and right, and the wires were cooked.

I had to replace all the wires and the connection to the lamp.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter

he's in GA

Hamlet...
              I know

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter

he's in GA

Hamlet...
                I know
                NICE!!!
                You got me!

Comment

Ok Fellas. Please keep the ing down to a small scale. We are getting threads cluttered up with just crap that does not pertain to the questions. So please keep it down.

KR MGT.
                  www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I fix the tank with a poxy resin I found at the local auto parts store. It is like a JB weld in a way, but for fuel tanks. The stuff works well, but I am just clumping it on there for now. I am in the process of finding a new tank. 93 is a hard find. EBay has a few items, but not things I need. LOL.

I cleaned the carbs for the second time last night. Carbs can be eaten off of now. I have some hose issues, some missing, some broken, some never even seen before. LOL. I have to get a good diagram of what the carb SHOULD look like before I can do anything else. Any one out there have a good picture of a good carb for me to compare?

Comment

I found out the problem with the lights too.

Go ahead and call me an idiot, but they kept blowing while I was jumping my dead battery off with the dang car. LOL.

Sorry guys.

Even with the cleaned carbs, still wont crank without starter fluid.....Sounds like she is dying for some gas. Maybe the petcock isn't working. Kits out there for that?

Comment

Petcock rebuild kits you mean ? Yeah . CP sells them . Are your plugs getting wet ?

Comment

very possible that plugs could be getting wet. I just bought a set YESTERDAY and will be changing them tonight.

Comment

If the plugs are getting wet , that means they's getting fuel ....

Comment

Working...
                            X