X

strange clicking sound, rpm drop

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange clicking sound, rpm drop

Hi i have gsxf750 2001 model, 60000 km on odo.
    I hear strange clicking when engine idles and also rpm drop at the same time also metal friction sound isnpresent for short time when fast ride around 4000-5000rpm.
    Last year chain was replaced and also chain guides, valves were adjusted and carbs cleaned and new spring in tensioner.
    I know that the clicking sound appeared also before the repair, after repair it was gone but now it appeared again, jut guessing what could be wrong, apart these two noises (clicking when idle and metal friction noise) everything run greatly.
    I have worries if this could lead to serious fatal problem and what i can try to fix it.
    I dont want take i mt back to same service.
    I found another better service but when i arrived the sound just wasnt produced.
    Last edited by filda921; 05-23-2022, 01:13 AM.

Originally posted by filda921 View Post
    Hi i have gsxf750 2001 model, 60000 km on odo.
    I hear strange clicking
    The clicking was solved, it was cracked spark plug connector which let electrical pulses go to the engine head (through gap in cracked plug connector). I replaced all sparkplug connectors, worst was the one of left (it nearly disconnected itself after ride -> popped up) but still connected. Now left one (1st) even new connector does not fit such tight like others i will take spark plug out and check.

The metal grinding / vibrating sound is still present if high acceleration 3500-4000 RPM, when engine braking 3500RPM, and also in neutral but here the sound is not such loud but still there in 3500RPM.

What i checked: chain and sprockets, stands (small and big), engine chain and tensioned + guides, fairing.

What seems to me bit loose: ignition connectors, connected but moving kind of freely, the left spark plug connector is kind of not tight as others

Comment

Working...
    X