Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Reseating and lapping valves without engine removal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reseating and lapping valves without engine removal?

I've been putting this off for as long as I could, but the time is ripe to reseat my valves.

But does anyone know if it's possible to take the head off without removing the engine on a 2002 Katana (GSX750F)?

Whenever I do a valve adjustment, just getting the cover off and back on makes for a reeeealy tight squeeze, especially while trying to keep that damn rubber gasket in place. I have a feeling that removing the head is not going to be possible due to tight clearances. But before I yank the engine out, I just thought I'd ask if anyone had a successful attempt with the engine on the frame?

I pulled the engine out a few years back when my tranny jammed in the 3rd, and it's not a fun project to be doing by myself all over again.

It's a 2002 kat with 45,800 miles on it

-Flyboy

Anyone?

Comment

Answering my own question. Cause, y' know, I like talking to myself. I'm always a good company. To me.

Aaaanyway, the engine is out. I decided to do more work than absolutely necessary; gave me an excuse to drink beer and tell the "back in my day" stories to myself.

But I told them in a funny way. I'm hilarious.

Well, maybe you had to be there...

Comment

Working...
      X