X

How to start a 03 katana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to start a 03 katana?

I bought a 03 katana 600 project. Its been over 10 yrs since I had a katana or any motorcycle. How do you start it? The clutch lever has to be pulled in and the kickstand up correct? Anything else? I cant see the markings on the fuel shut off/on tank. Im not sure the direction of the choke either.

The bike is pretty much complete and looks pretty good overall. Just got a new battery but Im still waiting for a new key and ignition to come in the mail.
    Last edited by AI9889; 07-18-2020, 10:55 AM.

That sounds right to me, have fun with it.

Comment

As long as the transition is in the neutral position and clutch lever pulled in it is not necessary to have the side stand up.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred View Post
        As long as the transition is in the neutral position and clutch lever pulled in it is not necessary to have the side stand up.
        That is another thing Im having an issue with. I think something might be up with the trans. Maybe the level is not on the gear shaft in the right position. Im not sure its getting to neutral. I just put a new ignition with key, new battery and it wont even light up the gauges. I have a new starter relay coming any day, the old one had a really lose fuse.

Comment

And the ads on this site are really annoying. How much to shut that shit off?

Comment

The kickstand has to be up before switching out of neutral - not while starting. The choke moves towards you to activate - halfway is enough for mine.
            Check the fuses first if you have no electrical power.

Comment

Working...
            X