X

'93 Katana 600 Carb problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '93 Katana 600 Carb problem

I have a 1993 katana 600 and have just finished refurbishing the carburettors, I had them ultrasonically cleaned and replaced all O rings and gaskets. I have also re adjusted the fuel screws and float heights however I am still having the problem of excess fuel forcing it's way out through the air box breather hose and pissing all over the floor. We have one theory about sand and crap clogging them as it comes in the fuel so we are going to try adding some extra fuel filters on the fuel line between the tank and carbs but are unsure if this will fix it. Any responses will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Matt

Sounds like your floats need adjusting, good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by wfrpalm View Post
      Sounds like your floats need adjusting, good luck.
      We have adjusted the floats and tested them with compressed air and also with fuel, they do seal at the correct height so we are pretty sure it isn't that. Could it be possible sand and grit could be holding the floats in the open position even when the float bowl is full of petrol?

Comment

Is it flooding while it's running the petcock should not flow fuel when not running you may have two problems and sound like the float needle is leaking still if the float heights are set correct
        “Anything that happens, happens. Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen.
        Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again. It doesn’t necessarily do it in chronological order, though.”
        ― Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
        X