• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rev problem? Between 8500 and 11000

Rev problem? Between 8500 and 11000

09-06-2019, 08:28 AM
    Hello everyone!

Im pretty new to motorcycle in general and ever newer for Katana.
    I recently bought a 1999 Katana GSXF750.

Bike runs fine, idle is good. Clutch is responsive.

My problem is, on gear 2-3-4 ( could not test 5-6, not going that fast ) i feel like past 8500-9000 up to 11000 rpm I don't have any acceleration or power.
    So the bike would do a great acceleration between 0 and 8500rpm, but as soon as I hit pas 8500rpm, Nothing.

I was wondering if its the transmission or clutch, because the powerband feel very linear between 0-8500rpm, and weirdly going flat after.

Is it a normal thing for Katana750 ? Are they setup like? Or do I have a problem?

IM REPOSTING CAUSE NOW IM IN FIXING MODE.

1 - THE ENGINE STILL GOES IN ACCELERATION, YOU CAN HEAR IT RAMP UP
    2 - NO GAZ IN OIL AND DID 3 OIL CHANGE SINCE I GOT IT, LESS THEN A YEAR
    3 - INSPECTION ON THE CLUTCH AS BEEN MADE, SOME BURN MARK ON THE STEEL PLATE, PADS ON THE FRICTION DISK LOOK GOOD AND IN SPEC(MM) NOT NEW BUT NOT DONE

I installed some aftermarket Clutch lever and brake lever. The ''universal'' one. could it be that the clutch cable is badly adjusted, and when i hit Higher power, since its badly adjusted the clutch does not sit in at 100%? It would explain the hot spot on some of the steel plate?

If you have probs with the clutch is usually as you take off and would be noticable well before 8500.

I think I remember reading on another oil cooler forum somewhere a similar problem and he ended up replacing the sparkplugs and it was sorted.

This where I would start before getting in too far
    “Anything that happens, happens. Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen.
    Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again. It doesn’t necessarily do it in chronological order, though.”
    ― Douglas Adams

Comment

I would agree. Does not sound like a clutch issue to me. The clutch is much more likely to slip at take off then at high rpm. If the spark plugs are old, change them. I would also check to make sure the fuel system is in good order. There is a large demand for fuel at those rpm's. It might be a slight restriction that flows well enough for lower engine speeds, but not quite enough for the higher rpm's.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
      who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Working...
      X