X

Looking at 97 600, I was wondering and need help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at 97 600, I was wondering and need help

Looking at a 600 and the bike has been sitting. Sitting for a few years at that. So I was wondering if there is a way to shoot carb spray or starter fluid without taking the gas tank off into the carbs, I was thinking where the gas comes out of petcock just to see if i runs. He stated they leaked gas and won't start . Or maybe putting some gas in a bottle and run it to the line that feeds the carbs. Other option would be to just jump the bike, if it turns over smoothly it might be good to go or am I wishing that? I am also thinking if gas ran into the crankcase that would be a problem to. Thanks for any input.

You could try remove the seat a couple of screws and the air filter is out spray some starter in through the air box.
    if carbs are leaking first look at float needles being gummed up

Yes fuel in the oil is bad and needs to be drained and refilled new oil filter to. See if you can smell fuel by taking off the filler cap. Oil will need to be changed anyway

If they've been sitting for a while needs a full going over tyres, brakes, brake lines, a carbs to start.

Plenty of info for all these if you do a search common thread.

Good luck
    Last edited by Lachie; 02-21-2020, 12:08 AM.
    “Anything that happens, happens. Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen.
    Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again. It doesn’t necessarily do it in chronological order, though.”
    ― Douglas Adams

Comment

hey thanks, I was figuring tires, brake lines and oil change. I think I am going to pass on it.

Comment

Working...
      X