X

1100 acceleration stutter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1100 acceleration stutter

Hi I just got a 90 gsx 1100 katana with 43000 miles and I am having an issue could someone please watch the following video and point me in the right direction

it doesn’t do it all the time but does most times and in the video I wasn’t really getting on it because of taking the video but on highway it is more of a long hesitation then multiple small ones bike falls on its face then picks up but still does over 150

thanks, any help would be appreciated

Also it only does it below 3500-4000 rpm

Comment

My first thought would carb related, and cleaning tuning for the pilot system and transition jets would be a good idea. Then a proper sync, and confirmation no vacuum or air leaks.

Second thought would be a spark break down due to lower voltage to the coils, hard plug wires or poor connections at the boots, and or bad plugs / arcing in general.

Is this an oem setup with stock air filter, air box, and exhaust? Jetkit installed? any other mods? How long has it sat?

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Don’t think it’s vacuum leaks checked all over with propane while it was running never heard it speed up.
        i don’t think it’s stock has k and n filter not sur if it has jet kits
        Not sure if stock exhaust or a Canadian stock exhaust it has a Suzuki gsx exhaust but it’s 4 to 1 not 4 to 2.

iknow the previous owner and it Didn’t do it for him but it sat for 4 years since then.
        when I got it I didn’t start it I drained carbs filled with sea foam let sit for a day then drained again
        drained tank and ran half a can with 1 gallon of gas then filled up normally,.

Comment

Ordered carb rebuild kits got them in too carbs off and they are all filled with rust looks like I’m gonna have to seal the tank too

while I am at it I ordered new valvle cover gaskets too

Comment

How did you fill the carbs with Sea Foam, I am thinking doing that also.

Comment

Originally posted by wfrpalm View Post
              How did you fill the carbs with Sea Foam, I am thinking doing that also.
              I drained the bowls then just dumped it in the gas lines till they were full

Comment

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Comment

Rust, is one issue. That K&N May be the other. Put the OEM type back in there and it could run better. High flow filters cause havoc with some CV carbs. Some bikes don’t seem to mind them, others don’t like them. Plus, you gain nothing from them.
                  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran
                  If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                  X