X

Katana 750 won’t start after getting new fork seals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana 750 won’t start after getting new fork seals

have an 06’ Katana 750 with just under 10k miles on it. I bought it as my second bike after a ninja 250. I’ve been riding dirt bikes, mopeds, scooters, etc. since I was 12 and convinced my parents to let me. More recently, I’ve used riding to distract me from past bad habits I really struggled with. Gives me a purpose and separates me from the crowd. I just had to drop my Katana 750 off at a mechanic to get new fork seals because one was leaking. It was there for two weeks, and the seals got fixed just fine. I was just informed that now it won’t start, and took a look at it myself at the shop, and sure enough it won’t start. I had been riding it every day up until I dropped it off at the shop and had 0 problems. I have a slip on yoshi rs-3 exhaust and that’s it. I haven’t done an oil change in a while, was going when I got it back. Any ideas of what possibly could’ve gone wrong with if two weeks of sitting. Gas was put in right before I dropped it off. Turns over strong and all lights come on. Mechanic said it fired for a split second but couldn’t hold it. Thanks in advance, Dean.

Turn the petcock to prime for ~60 seconds, possible all the fuel in the carbs evaporated out.
    or, check that the choke cable is still routed (and functioning) properly
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Pick it up from the mechanic... use another, or do some tests yourself.

That sounds shady as fuck to me. Just sayin...

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Must have put in some bad fork seals!!

Comment

Any follow up with this? Did you get the bike running again?

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
          who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Working...
          X