Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Tourmax or All Balls racing Carburetor Rebuild Kit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourmax or All Balls racing Carburetor Rebuild Kit?

Hi!

I rebuilt all 4 carbs 5 years ago using Tourmax kits, and now the float needles are sometimes sticking, other times not sealing properly, took them out and sure as hell there are ridges/indentation in their rubber tips, or sealing points caused by the holes they seat inI, I'm sure you know what I mean ..

Anywayz, I was about to order 4 new carb repair kits from Tourmax again, as the float needles are not sold separately, but I stumbled across kits made by AllBalls racing, Pt. no. 26-1694, link: https://www.allballsracing.com/26-1694.html

And my Q would be: Does anybody have any experience with these AllBalls carb kits? Has anybody tried them out? Are they any better than Tourmax? Considering they're 30 Euros more expensive than Tourmax, and I'd have to wait 7-10days for them to come in, I thought I'd ask before making a purchase.

And I really don't know if I can fault Tourmax material quality, it could be my fault since I don't have the habit of emptying the carb bowls during winter storage, which could last oprox. 6 months in a freezing cold garage.. all I do is lube the chain, fill the tank up to the brim to prevent rust formation, and disconnect the battery and take it indoors, but I've never drained the bowls for winter.

I've onlu used K&L carb kits, so wouldn't be able to speak to the other options.

K&L are good kits though.
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

+1, had good luck with K&L, have not used the others.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

K&L kits are cheap and readily available. ($50 where I'm at for 4) As the old adage goes, don't fix what ain't broke. The exception is if hard parts are FUBAR, and you need a replacement. The all balls kit ($95) comes with all new jets and fuel needles. Looks like the tourmax kit does as well, at a slightly cheaper price ($75). So, if you're just interested in the float needles, K&L all the way. the jets in your carb should last many cleanings before you need to replace them.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys!

After searching it seems like K&L kits are not available here in Europe, I'd have to order them from e-bay and have them shipped from the US, which not only means high shipping and custom rates, but also a 3 to 4 week shipping period.

But K&L's I see, are also made in Japan, so I would guess that they are the same as Tourmax, with one brand just re-branding the other?
          Do K&L kits come with that tiny rubber O-ring under the A/F screw? .. you know, that 2 1/2 turns out one.

Comment

Yes, the a/f screw oring is included in K&L kits.
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
            X