X

rejetting info

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rejetting info

Ok i ordered a jet kit from ivan...they had mentioned a tool to synchronize the carbs after reinstalling. What is this tool and do i realy need? Cause it was $65 and i only had enuff to get the kit.

Also one other question about timing. Is there a way to change the timing advance curve?
    " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Re: rejetting info

Originally posted by Badkitty
    Ok i ordered a jet kit from ivan...they had mentioned a tool to synchronize the carbs after reinstalling. What is this tool and do i realy need? Cause it was $65 and i only had enuff to get the kit.

Also one other question about timing. Is there a way to change the timing advance curve?
    A carb sync tool is a tool which hooks to the vacuum ports on the carbs and lets you balance the vacuum levels at each carb compared to the others (this in turn, allows you to make adjustments that make sure each cylinder is pulling the same amount of fuel & air, and keeps the engine smooth as a result -- including reducing possible wear over the years from uneven power being exerted). There are several types of carb syncs, from the cheaper ones that use mercury (such as the MotionPro) to the ones that use solid steel weights (Morgan CarbTune II), and even ones that you can build at home for $10 or under if you have a good 10 foot tall roof in the garage (since they use lighter liquids, the liquids move further when tugged on by the vacuum). If you have another KR member in the area you live in, you might be able to borrow one or get them to help you...

The timing can be advanced by use of an ignition advancer, a pre-made part that replaces the stock one, suitable for use on US, Swiss, Austrian and possibly Canadian models (other models of the Kat already have their ignition advanced from the factory). SpecialK sells the advancers at a reasonable price, or if you want to try doing it manually, see the thread on home-build advancers here on KR.

Good Luck!
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

like cyber said, you need to synch the carbs after swapping the jets out. Other wise the carbs will put different amounts of gas + air in each cylinder and the engine will be running unbalanced.
      Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

Working...
      X