Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Whats the loudest exhaust for the Katana 600?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D&D cans can be had at a fairly reasonable price as well. Speedwerks can hook u up no matter what direction you want to go. I especially like the black satin finish D&D..thats one Im going with.

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
      ...I especially like the black satin finish D&D..thats one Im going with.
      That's the one I've got!
      I miss my Gixxer

Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

Jaflowers has a Jardine....its freakin loud.
        My vance and hines was no slouch either.
        Start every day with a smile and get it over with - WC Fields

Comment

Pick any exhaust and remove the sound-absorbing matting

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I would have to say that my D&D is the loudest I have heard.
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

i guess there in no noise law where you are at

Comment

They are there, but the only time they enforce them is to pull you over to see if you are drunk.
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                  They are there, but the only time they enforce them is to pull you over to see if you are drunk.
                  Yeah, but if you can't hear the cop because you're deaf from the exhaust, you may appear drunk (or stoned), unresponsive, etc. Personally, I don't think the loudest exhaust is the best or the safest (while others may hear you, you can't hear things around you as well, and the long-term consequences to your hearing can be a net safety-loss in the bigger picture). As they say in the Artillery Corp: doesn't matter what you play, as long as you play it LOUD!

Good Luck with that!
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i've never heard a D&D, but my Vance and Hines is pretty loud. i'm sure alot of that has to do with the baffling material in need or replacement. i wonder how loud they are with new baffling?

"If you ain't first, you're last..." - Ricky Bobby
                    "Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

Comment

My V&H SS2R makes my ears ring on long rides.

Comment

If you want an exceptionally louder than stock pipe, build a fuel injector from a tiny engine (say an injected weed-eater) into the collector and hook it up to a repeatative signaler... repeated sonic booms on command.

Laughing...
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

D&D show and go from D&D in texas was like 230.00 dollars
                          took me like a 5 days to california and like 15 min to put on.
                          It can be descibed as a lion on steriods roaring into a megaphone against your ear. Then if you want to make it real loud take take it above eight thousand rpm's. I've seen people cover there ears.
                          2003 gsx600f (the yellow one)
                          vortex sprockets,D&D slip on,c/f led lights
                          JIM's cowl, mesh, clearalt's ds signal, zero gravity ds screen

Comment

Originally posted by 977blue
                            Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                            ...I especially like the black satin finish D&D..thats one Im going with.
                            That's the one I've got!
                            How's that working out for ya? you like it I assume? any problems?

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                              Originally posted by SweetLou
                              Yeah, but if you can't hear the cop because you're deaf from the exhaust, you may appear drunk (or stoned), unresponsive, etc. Personally, I don't think the loudest exhaust is the best or the safest (while others may hear you, you can't hear things around you as well, and the long-term consequences to your hearing can be a net safety-loss in the bigger picture). As they say in the Artillery Corp: doesn't matter what you play, as long as you play it LOUD!

Good Luck with that!
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Just wondering... are you guys using any earprotection?
                              The biggest stress for your hearing is NOT the exhaust, it's the ridingwind!
                              Some helmets (not even the cheapests) generate as much as a solid 100db at 80mph!

Comment

Originally posted by kwebbel
                                Just wondering... are you guys using any earprotection?
                                The biggest stress for your hearing is NOT the exhaust, it's the ridingwind!
                                Some helmets (not even the cheapests) generate as much as a solid 100db at 80mph!
                                (A) Yes, I wear ear protection (see my post in the earplug section, where I'm selling reusable permanent ear plugs cheaply).
                                (B) My gf's Jardin headers and D&D exhaust (which needs to be packed, but she refuses to let me) are louder than the wind-noise at any speed if I'm riding behind her.
                                (C) Yes, wind noise is a serious problem.

Cheers
                                =-= The CyberPoet
                                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                                X