new bike or upgrade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new bike or upgrade?

Hello.
    I have a 2000 kat 600, all stock. I've been riding it a little over a year now, it's my second bike, i've racked up around 5000 miles on it. I've been wanting something a little more trilling.Dont get me wrong, I love the kat, it's just that some bikes(f2,f3,gsxr ect..) i found online priced between $2500-3700 caught my eye. But, what I want is just a little more speed 0-60, roll on and still be able to go around 130mph every once and a while. I'm on the hwy 50% of the time. I dont want to spend too much. what should i do?

People that went -1 and -1+ some in the back, what was your 0-60, 80-100, 100+ and top speed compared to stock?

Thanks.

motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

That should tell you everything you need to know
    PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
    The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

for 0-60 you'd want to go 1 down in front and a little more up than 1 in the back. that'll help but it'll also take down your top speed and raise your rpms, but from what i've heard it helps along w/ ignition advancer and a couple other things. Check my post on gearing Cyberpoet tells some mods that will help the "butt dyno".

Comment

Sell it. You can get some more power out of it, but if you're comparing a sport-touring bike to the performance of pure sports bikes, there is really no cost-effective upgrade that will give you what you want in terms of performance except possibly an engine swap. You'll get more power out of the sport bikes, more speed, but less comfort (and far more cost to operate per mile in tires, chains, maintenance, gas, insurance, etc).

Good Luck!
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

The CyberPoet
          You'll get more power out of the sport bikes, more speed, but less comfort (and far more cost to operate per mile in tires, chains, maintenance, gas, insurance, etc).
          +1
          1989 Suzuki Katana 750

Comment

Working...
          X