Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Looking at a used GSX750F - is it worth $1800?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at a used GSX750F - is it worth $1800?

The bike has been sitting unused in the owner's garage for the last 2 1/2 years. The cosmetically the bike is super clean & the tires & brakes are ok. The chain is very loose, but the sprockets are good. The engine sounds great & runs strong. There is a leak at the top of the right fork which the owner says just started after he took it out of storage. (probably a bad seal) There was also something weird about the steering. When the bike was sitting idle & I turned the bars either way, it took a little extra pressure to get it away from center. After that it swung freely, but it almost felt like it had to go over a little bump to get away from or into center. Any ideas on what caused it or how much it would cost to fix? And finally, do you think it's worth it?

Thanks for your input,
    JJ

yes it is worth it, even though you didn't say what year it is. All you'll have to do to fix that is greese the steering stem bearings, there's 1 on top, 1 on the bottom. I'd just get new bearings if I were you.

Comment

worth what 5g no 1500 yes how much is he asking for it

Comment

If it's a 98+ and you know that you have 15 hours and $800 to sink into it above and beyond the purchase price bringing it back up to full snuff, it's worth every penny. I wouldn't pay that for a pre-98 in that shape at this point, but that's just me...

You can get reasonable values here:
        Research new and used car book values, trade-in values, ratings, specs and photos.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Year???
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

should've read what I typed - it's a 1992

should've read what I typed - it's a 1992 & he's asking $1800

Comment

I say yes it is a cheep fix

Comment

see if he'll take $15000 but it's certainly worth $18,000.

Comment

Working...
                X