oil filter&header exhaust????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil filter&header exhaust????

hello to all
    is there a trick or easier way to remove the oil filter when you have a header exhaust system and not the stock exhaust?? or do you have to loosen it up a little???thanks

ah im thinking you have to take the whole exhaust off, well at least the headers

Comment

Gotta take the headers off. One of those trade offs for that performance gain.

Comment

My D&D system has more clearance than the stock header. I can reach right in there wit ha socket and ratchet and take the filter off no problem.

Comment

It depends on the brand. Sometimes you can get in there with a extension and an universal joint, sometimes you can't.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thanks for the quick responds

Comment

I have no problems getting tools in between my headers . I have no idea what they are though , but they're not stock , apparently . I actually usually just reach in there with a leather work glove on and twist it right off .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I had a full Yosh exhaust. I didnt need to take it off, but it was a PITA to get it out of there.
                Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

The V&H full system on my'93 has enough clearance to get it off.
                  Eric
                  2005 GSX-R 750

Comment

Working...
                  X