X

Anyone in AZ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in AZ?

anyone in arizona who knows how to work on carbs and would do it for me and not charge what the shops charge? I drive a 2000 Katana 750 and it has almost 12,000 miles. I live in queen creek and have no way of getting the bike anywere unless to drop off at the shop. I can pay you to fix it. I just need it fixed and I've already been without my bike for a week. gas is killing me and now the shop wants it for 2 weeks if I bring it to them. anyone able to help me? I have cash and or trade like on craigslist. Let me know. I really need help, I work on fuel injection not carbs. So help me! lol. Thx!

Send a PM to Special K and ask him if he wants to work over your carbs. The bike doesn't have to go there -- just the carbs via UPS or USPS.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

dude I don't want to ship out my carbs. If I do and I never see then again do you know how costly that will be. lol

Comment

If Special K does not return your carbs to you, I will buy you a new set. PERIOD. That's how much faith I have in him.

He owns 50% of KatRiders.com among other things.

But if you want local, expect to pay on-demand prices...

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

What exactly is wrong w/ them carbs??
          Do they need a full rebuild? or...?? What are the symptoms? Your 'cry for help' is rather lacking

I live in AZ. But yer about an hour away from me. I'm heading to QC next Sat. to help out another KR member w/ his bike/carbs and a few other thing. Maybe I can stop by, maybe.. Depends on how well his bike goes.

Again, post more info as to what needs to be done..

P.S. I'm only $150 per hour.. lol.. Joking.. naww $95 tops.. Sitll laughing.. Man, too early to be drinking I guess..

Comment

Ok. my bike was running fine when I pulled in to my garage. I went back out later that night to go back out and she wouldn't start. now my number 2 carb was running rich and my spark plug seemed fouled since it looked pretty bad. but the bike was fine except for a little bad smeel of gas. lol. I changed the plugs thinking that was the issue. It didn't make a difference. I cud start it with the choke all the way down. then easy up to about half to make it idle but I cudn't turn it all the way back down. If I twisted the throttle at all it would emmediatly die on me. everytime I tried to give it throttle it shut off. I called four places and told them. they all said the same. suzuki walked me threw a grip of steps to determine the problem for sure. they said a seal or needle or some other mumbo jumbo is wrong with my carbs and it is dumping fuel. I need my carbs rebuilt, seals checked, and a fresh oil change and that should fix the problem. the cheapest reliable place said 250 to fix it. suzuki said 300. My bike was running fine. I new it needed to have a few adjustments and was going to take it in for a sync. but now they want to charge me an arm to fix it. I just don't have that kind of money. I got the cash together but I've already been a week without my bike and gas is murder. I just want it fixed and fixed right. dude I can pay you or trade ya like on craigslist. I just want it fixed. and a house call is preferred and great. it's hard to transport the bike as I have no truck and my friend said he'd drop it to a shop on his way to work but that's it. I have to drive it home. lol. So I'm crying and begging for help. So Help!!!!

Comment

I cud start it with the choke all the way down. then easy up to about half to make it idle but I cudn't turn it all the way back down. If I twisted the throttle at all it would emmediatly die on me. everytime I tried to give it throttle it shut off.
              Q:: Couldn't turn it all the way back down.. Do you mean the choke?
              A:: Possible choke cable stuck, dirty, needs replacement..

Maybe, just an idea w/ out looking at it, your choke is stuck open, thus stalling her out when you give it gas. Yer prolly flooding it.. That would be one reason why yer plugs looked the way they did. Burning too rich..

My 2c.. Again w/ out looking at it or smelling the exhaust etc..
              Take off your tank. Move your choke, from the bars, while looking at yer carbs. Is it going back and forth all the way, or is it getting stuck open a lil'bit.. Just enought to flood it out?? If the above is all working.. My next advice would be to get some Fuel cleaner, Techron. Run 1/3rd bottle to a full tank. run her up and down yer block, get the cleaner working in yer carbs/bowls/ etc.. Basicly cleaning them out.. and yer tank..
              Might want to look in yer tank as well.. See if it's rusty, or has debris in it.. I think CyberPoet, or someone, told me to use the OEM fuel filter, as it has a magnet in it to catch metal. Might as well change that out, since yer gonna have the tank off, and it's a cheep part to invest in..

Again these are just my 2c.. Basicly what I would end up doing if I came down to yer garage. If none of the above works out. Then I would rip into the carbs. It's not that bad of a job, just time consuming to get them off & on..

Oil change, well if it needs it, change it, and the filter too.. But I seriously doubt old oil would have an effect like yer describing. that right there just tells me, the mechanic at the stealership, wants to make $$ from you.. NEVER walk into a shop and have the "I'm lost, help me" look in yer eyes. You do that, or sound like that. they hear 'Cha-Ching' $$ in their pockets.. then you'll be back w/ a new story on how ya got reemed by them..

Well sorry I ranted, but I tend to do that. Check all the above and let me know before Sat. I'm going on a early morn. ride. then to help out a KR member in QC. So I may or may not have time to come by.. Play it by ear bro..

Comment

Sweet. Thx. the reason the oil in it has to be changed is because they said fuel was leaking into my oil in the engine. I took the tank off alreafy and my choke is fine. that's why I'm dumb founded. I'm almost sure it's my carbs. I don't see anything in my tank. but ya never know I guess. lol. any help is greatly appreciated. Thx!

Comment

Oh and if I could run it around the block I would. lol. but like I said it's a no go and I can't even get it to turn over anymore. lol. I never walked into a shop like that. I'm used to working on fuel injection GSXR's all the time. the one I have in boston mass, run's like a champ. I just am an idiot when it comes to carbs. fuel injection is easy, all computer. this is annoting the crap out of me. almost enough to sell my bike. so If I can't get it fixed soon I'm selling it. lol.

Comment

Hmmm.. If gas is in yer oil. You, or previous owner, may have had the tank in the PRI position, thus allowing the gas to run into yer oil.. Always leave it in the ON position.

While yer changing the oil, or having the shop do it.. Put in 50w, it's summer time now. The heat will break down yer 40w faster.. I run 50w this time of year and seem to be doing fine. No problems at all..
                    Oil cost me $17 for a 5qt bottle, and the filter was around 10-12 bucks.. Cheep... well not cheep, but cheeper than the $77 the shop charges.

If you thinkits still yer carbs. There is an online manual here on KR.com (do a search) it has a step by step procedure to get yer carbs off.. Then look on page 173. Has a blow up diagram of your carbs internal parts. Even if you don't want to do this your self.. it's still a nice tool, the manual, to have. You can learn a ton from just looking at the pictures, heh..

Again, I'll see how my day plays out next Sat..See if I can come by.. Where in QC are you?? I'll be at Hunt hwy & San Tan.. Just south of QC actually..

Comment

I'm like a few miles from there. I live in johnson ranch.

Comment

Hey what kind of oil and filter are you using? and if I change my oil and my carbs are still flooding my oil with fuel like suzuki said then that was a waste of money. or should I try it anyways?

Comment

Would wait till you figure out yer carb problem..

Johnson Ranch, heh.. I put in all them 12' doors on them detached garages out there. I hated that subdivision, is a 1.5hr drive in the am from the shop.. Ha... Yea, actually yer about 1 mile from where I'll be.. Promissed another KR member I would help him first.. Maybe you can come by and say hi..??

Oil : Castrol Actevo 20w 50
                          Filter : stock OEM

Comment

I'd love to meet some fellow KR members. Get me his address and when you guys want me to come by. I'll make sure I leave my day open. I'd be able to help lend a hand if you need it. I'm desperate to get the bike fixed. whatever it takes to a point, ya know? I'm hoping it's just my needles stuck or floats off set. but I know nothing about carbs and won't pretend to. I downloaded the shop manuel like a month ago for extra insight on the bike. It has been great help. but now this. I'm going nuts. I don't have alot of gas in the tank anymore as it is ready to be worked on next weekend. I just want it to atleast start and go around the block. lol. Thx, Bro. you just might save my katana's life as I considered yesterdsay selling it and getting my GSXR shipped here early. Thx again bro.

Comment

sup bro my name is mike and i am theat other KR member he is helping his sat. Your more then welocme to come on over. I only live in san tan heights. send me a pm if you want my number or address and you can swing by, and by the way I feel your pain aobut wanting to ride i have been waiting 2 weeks to ride hopefully this sat will be the day

Loud Pipes Save Lives!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X