X

impact driver

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• impact driver

I know alot of you have been haveing trouble removeing your bar ends and other tough screws. Well I thought this might help you out.

It ataches to an air hammer and you put a screw driver bit into the socket. It only cost $18 but I had never seen one before so I imagine it is pretty hard to find. but you could easily make one out of a 3/8 extensionand welding a large nut to it.

I have used it for a few things lately includeing my barends witch had red locktiteon them and it has worked better than anything else I have ever used.

You just needto start on the lowest setting on your air hammer.
    PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
    The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

cool, that looks like it should work well. I'd hate to see what would happen to a poor little phillips head screw if someone were to go full blast with an air hammer.

Comment

i saw it for a second, then your avatar burned my retinas out!

Comment

I got me one of these a few years ago . Same basic function , but you only need a mallet (no compressor) ...
        Attached Files
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
          I got me one of these a few years ago . Same basic function , but you only need a mallet (no compressor) ...
          those are nice. have used them plenty of times and they work great

www.vwvortex.com
          I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
          Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

I've got a couple of those impact drivers laying around here, but the one thing I haven't been able to find (and really want) is an adaptor to use 3/8"-drive or 1/2"-drive sockets with those impact drivers... Anybody know where I can find the appropriate adaptor?

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Huh? I use regular socket adapters when need be . Like a 1/2" to 1/4" adapter or something . Got a few different sizes . You MUST be talking about something else though , beacause those are SO easy to find in pretty much ANY store ....

Comment

Huh? I use regular socket adapters when need be . Like a 1/2" to 1/4" adapter or something . Got a few different sizes . You MUST be talking about something else though , beacause those are SO easy to find in pretty much ANY store ....
                I'm talking about the 6-sided female opening in the impact driver to the 3/8" square drive adaptor -- all the 6 sided ones I've found weren't the right size.

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Huh , I don't know nothin about no six-sided anything on my impact driver . Sorry bud . Oh wait , is that the thing you put the bits into , maybe ? Mine pops off and I just put regular old sockets on there .

Comment

Working...
                  X