Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

i need to buy some carb air filter pods what size???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need to buy some carb air filter pods what size???

i nedd to buy some carb air filter pods like these but im not sure what size i need for my 89 750 the pods i need to buy are like these
    "LOOK EARL ITS KARMA'S ARMY MADE UP OF THE PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD"

doe any one knpw the out side diameter of 89 750 carbs

Comment

Big go to www.kandn.com pull up our year bike. It will give you the right ones. Then go to www.4filters.com You can get them cheaper from them. Anything over $35 is free shipping.

Here is the listing for the pod filiters.
      Factory direct K&N replacement air filters, air intakes, oil filters & cabin filters. KNFilters.com - the official site for performance filtration products.

Here is the price from 4filters.com
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

any input on pros and cons with the pods? I'm thinking about going to pods from the stock airbox. Just looking for some input.

Comment

yess in put would be nice

Comment

hell i still cant figure out the outside measurement
            some pls help me im slow lolol

Comment

Going from stock to pods can increase HP. You will have to rejet the bike to work with the pods. If you don't you run the risk of burning up your valves. While you are at it you should go ahead and put a full system to take full advantage of the jet kit and pod filters. This something that you do not want. Some people have said that they get out of sync easier but if you ahve the tools to resync them no problme there. You have to buy 4 filters or 2 filters versus 1. The pros and cons weigh each other out. It is all in what you are looking for. I do not care to run pod filiters on my bike. It runs great like it is and is very fast. I am happy with my set up.

I have pod filters on my wifes bike but it came with them. So I will be learning alot more about pod filters and the pros and cons to them.
              www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Big let me see what I can find. I am not at home so I do not have my book. But I will find out for you.
                www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Big those are for a GS700 not a Katana 750. I looked up 2 different sites and the Emgo's do not list one for our bikes. You will have to go with K&N. So follow the link I gave you.
                  www.mopowersports.com

Comment

ok kool in my bike i have stage 3 jets full vance and hines exhuast and 1100 cams and timing advancer so dou think this will be a good move

Comment

Oh yeah. With that set up you will benefit from the pod filters. You will notice a difference. You will jsut have to resync the carbs when you put them on.
                      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

dont know how to do that so i ll let my bik guy do it

Comment

oh how do i get the air box out??? i heared it was kinda hard

Comment

Not sure Big. I will have to look in my manual to figure that out.
                            www.mopowersports.com

Comment

To get the air box off you have to take the tank off, two bolts on the rear, under the seat. Take the side screws and four bolts off the tank mount bracket. losen the clamps on the airbox. Ummm, yeepee, she should come out of there. All pull the battery too. I didn't miss any steps did I ???? I don't think so but I am sure I could be corrected. Easier for me to do it than explain it. The hardest part of the job is the tank, especially if you have alot of gas in it.
                              TDA Racing/Motorsports
                              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                              Who knows what is next?
                              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                              X