X

Oil

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil

I don't have the shop manual for my 1990 Suzuki Kat 600. I would like to know what type of oil my bike takes? ?W-?? And how many Litres does it take to do an oil change?

Thanks guys!

And also, the air filter was changed in April of '04, do you think I need a new air filter this season?

Your air filter should be ok unless you have been riding in dust storms. As for oil, go to the local dealer and either buy 5 quarts (i have no idea how many liters, sorry) of the Suzuki brand oil 10W-30 or Yamalube. I have used all kinds of motorcycle oils in my different bikes and those two have been the best by far. Don't forget to pick up a new filter while you are at it. The stock filter is really good but I prefer K&N oil filters just because they have a nut on the end of them that I can get a regular wrench on to take them off. Plus they work really well, and I can get them in CHROME.

Comment

4 quarts (1 quart [US, liquid] = 0.946353 liter) of 10w/40 . Might need a smidge more than 4 quarts to get to the "F" mark , but the manuals say it should take a shade LESS tha 4 quarts for an oil/filter change . So yeah , that extra quart (liter?) would be good to have to top it off when needed .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Thanks Mr.Clean and md86!

Now I know.. and knowing is half the battle!

Comment

Working...
        X