• Show
Clear All

• 1100 oil cooler

how much bigger is the 1100 kat oil cooler then the 750 oil cooler
    The Katana's Big Brother
    1999 1200s StreetFighter Bandit

BIGGER, why do you ask??
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

From what I can remember it's about 4 rows taller than the 750. You should be OK with your 750 cooler and that 813 kit.

Comment

Please let me know how the 813 kit works for you, I have a strong interest in this!!!!
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

i was wondering b/c theres on on ebay for $20.

Mr. Clean
          would it help and with the cooling though for it not being that expensive
          The Katana's Big Brother
          1999 1200s StreetFighter Bandit

Comment

Your biggest problem will be clearing the headers. My 750 cooler has about a 1/4" clearance. That 1100 cooler is designed for an engine that is taller than your 750, so I'm pretty sure it won't clear your headers.

Comment

If you end up going that route, will you sell me (or donate) your old 750 cooler? I want to do a mod-write up on how to mod it for the 600's.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Cyber a pre 98 750 oil cooler will bolt up to a 98+ 600 or 750. The only mod I had to do was to trim the lower bracket to clear the headers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Clean
                  Cyber a pre 98 750 oil cooler will bolt up to a 98+ 600 or 750. The only mod I had to do was to trim the lower bracket to clear the headers.
                  So I've heard. But I want to compare oil temps with the stock vs. the 750 cooler to see what the real-world temp difference is.

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

From what Keith told me (I am doing a 750 to a 1127 engine swap), the 1100 oil cooler only has 2 more rows than the 750, so there really would not be any gain in the swap. If you were really worried, I suppose you could put a fan or something back there to draw more air, but the stock 7fiddy will work just fine according to Keith.
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

So far the 750 cooler on my 771 is working great.. I took it for about a 100 mile ride today and aside from the clutch slipping it ran great. New clutch plates are on order from Barnett right now.

Comment

Sorry , I'm about to ...
                        You know , I never saw the really big deal with the 771 kit . My bike had one on it when I bought it , and I never had any problems with the engine . Carbs were a different matter ! But I ALWAYS ran it with 87 octane (until about a year ago , 89 now) , rode it like any other bike , stop & go traffic , never noticed any of the problems I've heard about others having with this kit . I'm told I would know what knocking sounds like if I ever heard it , but as far as I know , I never have . So I can't see the big deal .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I haven't heard of probs with the 771 kit but here so much about the 813 kit.
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          Who knows what is next?

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                            Sorry , I'm about to ...
                            You know , I never saw the really big deal with the 771 kit . My bike had one on it when I bought it , and I never had any problems with the engine . Carbs were a different matter ! But I ALWAYS ran it with 87 octane (until about a year ago , 89 now) , rode it like any other bike , stop & go traffic , never noticed any of the problems I've heard about others having with this kit . I'm told I would know what knocking sounds like if I ever heard it , but as far as I know , I never have . So I can't see the big deal .
                            The big deal about the 771 kit isn't the 22cc change in displacement, but the 20% change in compression ratios, which results in a big change of power. Depending on your altitude over sea level, you may have to use a higher octane gas with the higher compression ratio (low altitudes have better compression because the ambient air pressure is higher). That said, peak compression is only hit at the peak of the power-band, where the velocity of the intake charge hit speeds high enough to load the cylinder even after the upstroke starts (the overlap period between the start of the upstroke and the sealing of the intake valve).

Cheers
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                            X