simple carb question... not in the 'read me first'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simple carb question... not in the 'read me first'

Hi all,

So I'm about to put in an Ivan's kit... just wondering, how tight are you supposed to screw in the pilot/main jets? obviously its got to be tight, but not too tight i'm assuming... any guidelines?

Thx,
    BR

not an expert but dont put them in too tight..... someone put them in really tight on my carbs and had big trouble getting them out! just put them in tight enough that theyre not able to come loose sholed do you
    i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

The jets gets seated until you just start to feel the resistance of the rubber o-ring underneath. The idea is to not mangle the o-ring in any sense.

For the pilots, that means stopping turning inward when you feel the resistance of the o-ring, then counting turns back out from that point.

For the main needle-jet, it should seat firmly (but no gorilla-strength -- use about 8.5 lb-ft of torque).

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thanks a lot for the advice!

After this is done and running with the Yoshi yet to be received, i'll have some pics and high quality sound clips up!!! with and without the baffle of course.. hehe

-BR

Comment

o-ring aye?? see now mine never had those lol
          i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

O-rings are under the pilot SCREWS , not jets .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
              O-rings are under the pilot SCREWS , not jets .
              +1

I was like, "...I don't remember any o-rings under the pilot jets..." Anyway, watch out for the pilot jets. I stripped one off last year and had to get a new carb body since I couldn't get the piece out...
              "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

Working...
              X