X

813 kit started (FINISHED!!!)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 813 kit started (FINISHED!!!)

Just thought i would let everyone know i got my 813 kit ordered today should be here on tuesday from Weisco.
    I already have the engine out and on the bench ready to put it in. ill get some pics and keep you all informed on how it goes and how it turns out.
    nothing better to do at 3am then to ramble on
    The Katana's Big Brother
    1999 1200s StreetFighter Bandit

Neat-o !
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

What was your original engine size? Is that a kit for the 600 or the 750? Does it matter? I know some of these kits come with new jugs, and I am not sure if you could bolt it onto either block or if it has to be a certain one.

That sounds interesting.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
      who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

It's a kit for a 750. Wiseco doesn't make a 600 kit.

Comment

I didn't figure they did. Would be kind of a waste. What would they take it up to? A 750? A 663 if you keep the overbore the same I guess. Just wouldn't be very popular I guess.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
          who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

You should start pulling it apart now to clean, clean, clean that engine!
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

that what im working on right now cleaning the hell out it to get it ready b/c i know its got to be dirty with its age and all.
              The Katana's Big Brother

Comment

Mr. Clean
                what kind of gasket kit to you use when you put yours back toghether?
                The Katana's Big Brother

Comment

I ordered the spring steel head gasket Wiseco recommends and I just used OEM gaskets for everything else.

Comment

sorry i havent updated you all much i was waiting for my camera to get here. I got the pistons today and got everrything removed so now all i have to do is bring the block in to get bored, clean some more and reinstall everything.

I was really surprised at how quick everything came apart, i started with just the whole engine nothing taken apart at 3pm and had everything out and ready to get bored at 5pm and that was with taking my time.

i have really been happy with the way things are going because everything has been really easy to do and follow, i think this upgrade will be great for the time it took.

I will have pictures up later today of my new shiney pistons and everything else that i have taken apart.
                    The Katana's Big Brother

Comment

May I make a suggestion, Mr Clean might or might not agree, Spend the extra money and have the Crankshaft balanced. She will perform so much smoother.
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

where would you get that done at.
                        The Katana's Big Brother

Comment

I agree with that, but taking the crank out is much more involved. You can get it down at any machine shop that does engine work.

Comment

here are someupdated pictures of the proccess including the new kit
                            The Katana's Big Brother

Comment

How many miles has your engine?
                              PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X