1999 1200s StreetFighter Bandit

Comment

23,000 heres another pic to
      The Katana's Big Brother

Comment

those were before i started to clean it

Mr.Clean
        what did you use to clean up the outside and inside of you engine, also how did you go about breaking it back it, did you just take it slow for the first few miles
        The Katana's Big Brother

Comment

I took the head to the machine shop and had all the springs and retainers replaced while the block was being bored and had them clean it. And I'm still breaking it back in, use the method outlined in your owners manual and use Suzuki Lube for your oil. You will want to upgrade your clutch while you are at it, I'm putting a set of Barnett Kevlar plates in next week that should correct my slippage problem.

Comment

what did it cost you to get that stuff replaced and cleaned
            also ive been looking for those clutch plates and cant find them where did you get yours
            The Katana's Big Brother

Comment

For the clutch plates call Barnett. Here is their web site.

Barnett Tool & Engineering, Barnett Clutches, Scorpion Clutches

I bought my stuff from Parts411.com. You will need to call them to order the parts, at least I did. By far they had the best price. $115.00 for 8 friction plates, 7 steel plates, and 4 springs shipped to my front door. As for the springs and retainers you can use the part numbers from a late model Kat 750. I bought mine from Ron Ayers.com. I don't remember what they cost though. To have all the work done cost me $125.00.

Comment

what was the part number on that kit i cant find a exact match just the suzuki none specific
                The Katana's Big Brother

Comment

The Barnett kit? You have to call Barnett and give them the year of your bike. Your kit and mine will be different, my engine is a 2002.

Comment

those are some sweet pistons!!!!
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

i know i cant belive how bad mine look since i got the new ones
                      The Katana's Big Brother

Comment

Originally posted by katana91
                        i know i cant belive how bad mine look since i got the new ones
                        Yeah... Sure mine looks worst!
                        PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

I hope the tops of my pistons look better than those... carbon-o-licious!
                          I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

heres some more
                            these are the 813 pistons paper

TDA Racing/Motorsports
                            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                            Who knows what is next?
                            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                              heres some more
                              these are the 813 pistons paper

http://www.katriders.com/forums/download.php?id=1001
                              Whats that for the pictures already there? EDIT:Nevermind know i understand
                              The Katana's Big Brother

Comment

What is the best way to remove the carbon from the engine.
                                The Katana's Big Brother

Comment

Working...
                                X