X

RK RX-Ring chain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RK RX-Ring chain

What does everyone think about the RK RX-Ring chain and sprocket kit?

I previously had an "O" ring chain and felt good about it. I know the difference between "O" and "X" ring but whats RX? how would it compare in performance/maintanence/life compared to the "O"?
    1989 Suzuki Katana 750

What is the diiference between the "x" and "o" chains. I don't even know that much. I know that "o" ones have seals in them.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
      What is the diiference between the "x" and "o" chains. I don't even know that much. I know that "o" ones have seals in them.
      The differences between X-ring and O-ring is strictly the ring shape. O-ring is literally an "O" shaped rubber sealing ring for the chain link. An X-ring is an "X" shaped seal, which in theory should provide a longer lifespan than a traditional "O" shaped sealing ring because it shields the outside better and flexes more without failure. If you went to my Motorcycle Chain and Wear page, it'd explain the ring differences and why chains fail, what makes one better than another, etc.

The RK portion, well RK is the OEM chain supplier for the Kat, so I don't think you'll go wrong with them.

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i have the RK XSO series on my bike i love it so far no problems as the poster above stated chain is supposed to last longer due to the x shaped rubber ring keeps grease in better

Comment

I have used a couple of those sets on my Katana. Never got more than 13K miles out of the chains though.
          Ron
          MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk
            I have used a couple of those sets on my Katana. Never got more than 13K miles out of the chains though.
            Oil more frequently & a different cleaning method? Or is it that you wind it out in 1st a lot?

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
            X